Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€800-900 Pc Build

Options
  • 09-05-2012 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

1. What is your budget? €800-900

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming, Internet, Downloads

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? I have a 1tb drive and a 127 gb solid state drive

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need.

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1680x1050x60Hz dont plan on upgrading

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? Visa, Laser, Bank draft

9. When are you purchasing. next week

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

This would probably be a bit overkill @ 1680x1050, but at least its futureproof :D

Item|Price
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€33.82
    LiteOn iHAS124-19 schwarz SATA|€17.50
    BitFenix Shinobi Midi-Tower USB 3.0 black, ohne Netzteil|€53.70
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155|€206.93
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4, Sockel 1155, ATX|€122.39
    Sapphire HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 PCI-Express|€357.71
    Thermalright True Spirit 120|€23.78
    XFX PRO650W Core Edition Full Wired Power Supply|€73.12
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€907.94

Thats with the option to CF in future. If you want to save, drop down to a 7870 and maybe the Z77 Pro4, but I wouldn't recommend as you have the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Perhaps wait for the 670? Only going to be about 50euro more than the 7950 above but is going to give a huge boost in performance.

Perhaps wait for the 670? Only going to be about 50euro more than the 7950 above but is going to give a huge boost in performance.
    Launch prices are going to be inflated, we'll see it around (loosely) the 7970 which is out of his budget. Although it is one tasty card :p

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

i thought the i5-2500k is better for gaming than the 3570k?? i may be wrong..

• Advertisement

conor360 wrote: »
    i thought the i5-2500k is better for gaming than the 3570k?? i may be wrong..
    The 3570k definetely isn't worse, anyway :P.

The 3570k isn't as good an overclocker as its predecessor, but it still packs a punch, coupled with lower power draw and PCIe 3.0-ness makes it a no brainer. Also, due to the improvements of Ivy, I'm pretty sure 4.5ghz SB = 4.2ghz IB or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

Eboggles wrote: »
    The 3570k definetely isn't worse, anyway :P.

The 3570k isn't as good an overclocker as its predecessor, but it still packs a punch, coupled with lower power draw and PCIe 3.0-ness makes it a no brainer. Also, due to the improvements of Ivy, I'm pretty sure 4.5ghz SB = 4.2ghz IB or something like that.

Yeah i see where your coming from, But you could go for the i5 2500k and still have some spare money for an upgrade on something else. Just saying ;P

conor360 wrote: »
    Yeah i see where your coming from, But you could go for the i5 2500k and still have some spare money for an upgrade on something else. Just saying ;P

But the 2500k could do you for 3 years, and by that time PCIe 2.0 will be saturated by mid-range cards and you're then going to have to upgrade your CPU to accommodate that. However if you had splashed out a massive €20 previously you wouldn't encounter that problem for another while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Foxtronik28

Thanks for the feed back What i had picked out myself was,

ASUS P8Z68-V LE, Sockel 1155, ATX, DDR3

Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 OC, 1024MB GDDR5, PCI-Express

Antec Sonata IV, ATX, 620W-Netzteil

8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz CL9

Thermalright HR-02 Macho

Asus BC-12B1ST Blu-Ray Combo Retail

All that came to 722 euro, sorry not sure how to do up the table with links, bit of a newb here :p

This is my first time building a computer (well new computer ive built ones from old stock computers from work) hah

Thanks for the feed back What i had picked out myself was,

ASUS P8Z68-V LE, Sockel 1155, ATX, DDR3

Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 OC, 1024MB GDDR5, PCI-Express

Antec Sonata IV, ATX, 620W-Netzteil

8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz CL9

Thermalright HR-02 Macho

Asus BC-12B1ST Blu-Ray Combo Retail

All that came to 722 euro, sorry not sure how to do up the table with links, bit of a newb here :p

This is my first time building a computer (well new computer ive built ones from old stock computers from work) hah

It'd work, but you could do better
    • Mobo isn't stellar, you could do better.
    • 2500k has been replaced by the 3570k so you should go with that.
    • GPU is a bit overpriced and there are much better options ATM
    • Case+PSU all-in-one? Noooooooo.
    • Do you really need a Blu-Ray? No one uses them :D
    • And that RAM has very large (ridiculously large) heatspreaders that will get in the way of you cooler.
    Other than that though its ok ;)

• Advertisement

Ya your build sounds a bit better then mine :p would it be worth spending an extra few bob on an i7 and drop down a bit on price on like the GPU?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭luyolo

Ya your build sounds a bit better then mine :p would it be worth spending an extra few bob on an i7 and drop down a bit on price on like the GPU?

You'll only be spending extra for hyperthreading which does absolutely nothing in games. So unless you're going to be doing some video editing, it's a waste of money.

No :cool:

35057.png

35057.png

That's Sandybridge, but its the same for Ivy.

Having major problems with my new pc build, I recently purchased from hardwareversand......

BitFenix Shinobi Midi-Tower USB 3.0 black, ohne Netzteil
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155
    Thermalright True Spirit 120
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 650W
    MSI R7850 TwinFrozr 2GD5/OC, 2048MB DDR5, PCI-Express
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9
    ASUS DRW-24B3ST Retail SATA schwarz
    ASUS P8P67 EVO Rev 3.0, Sockel 1155, ATX, DDR3

Everything went fine during build had everything together went to turn it on and nothing happened!....... Eventually decided to build computer out of case! This worked as in fans and lights came on! I didn't get any beeps or it wasn't posting! And Memok light was staying lit. I have tried a second power supply and known working ram which was Corsair xms 1 stick of 4 gig in every slot and pressed memok button each time !The mobo powers up each time for 5-10 seconds shuts down and starts again and keeps running with no beeps or posting! Ive reset the c-mos and takin battery out of mobo to no avail! Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Why did you go with that MB? Anyway, your MB might need a BIOS update to take Ivy.

Having major problems with my new pc build, I recently purchased from hardwareversand......

BitFenix Shinobi Midi-Tower USB 3.0 black, ohne Netzteil
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155
    Thermalright True Spirit 120
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 650W
    MSI R7850 TwinFrozr 2GD5/OC, 2048MB DDR5, PCI-Express
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9
    ASUS DRW-24B3ST Retail SATA schwarz
    ASUS P8P67 EVO Rev 3.0, Sockel 1155, ATX, DDR3

Everything went fine during build had everything together went to turn it on and nothing happened!....... Eventually decided to build computer out of case! This worked as in fans and lights came on! I didn't get any beeps or it wasn't posting! And Memok light was staying lit. I have tried a second power supply and known working ram which was Corsair xms 1 stick of 4 gig in every slot and pressed memok button each time !The mobo powers up each time for 5-10 seconds shuts down and starts again and keeps running with no beeps or posting! Ive reset the c-mos and takin battery out of mobo to no avail! Any help or ideas would be appreciated!
    I don't think that Motherboard supports Ivy straight off the bat, so you might need a BIOS update. That could be why the machine won't stay on, also when you do the build outside of the case what have you got plugged in?

I bought the board cause the original one picked out was out of stock and a friend had the board i have now so just went with it tbh! How would i go about updating the bios? When i build outside the case i have mobo, Grapics card, ram and psu connected!

Your either going to have to find someone with a SB CPU to do the update or return the MB and get a Z77 or return the IVY and get a SB.
    If I were you I'd return the MB. Ivy is a bit of a waste on the MB you bought.

Is it possible to update the bios with a boot-able flash drive or something like that?

Is it possible to update the bios with a boot-able flash drive or something like that?
    There's no working CPU in there so no, just try and replace the mobo, get a z77 pro4 (asrock).

• Advertisement

Returning the MB sounds painful now but, you'll be better off with a Z77 in the end.

Advertisement