Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Superintendent dates/ Correcting Conference dates

• 09-05-2012 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

Anyone know when we get the letters telling us the date of both of these. I am depending on both of them coming very shortly as I want to book my summer holiday for in between both. My conference is the Junior Cert Honours History

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Anybody elsee getting a little tired of this. watching the postman everyday and getting nothing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ring Athlone. This is the cutbacks in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lcarr

I got a letter saying that I'm doing the supervising but have no idea where or when! This is highly frustrating! Has anyone received a letter about being a superintendent yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭sjms

I haven't been told where I am going either! Another teacher at school called and they said we should know by next week! I also am on the reserve panel for correcting. Should I completely disregard that or is there still a chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Lcarr wrote: »
    I got a letter saying that I'm doing the supervising but have no idea where or when! This is highly frustrating! Has anyone received a letter about being a superintendent yet??

well supervision will start the first day of the exams for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

If you are superintending, you will have to pick up your box of papers, watch a dvd/do a short intro session if its your first time and bring it to the school (if it has a strong room) or a local Garda station.

The school you're in will be within 50km if your home address.

You will get a set number of days, usually the more experienced teachers get the longer stints and your centre will be amalgamated with theirs after 10/11 days.

I'm working for my school thus year, operating a special centre.

I'm correcting LC OL Bio & conference is June 28/29th.

Of in doubt, ring SEC in Cornamaddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

If you are superintending, you will have to pick up your box of papers, watch a dvd/do a short intro session if its your first time and bring it to the school (if it has a strong room) or a local Garda station.

The school you're in will be within 50km if your home address.

You will get a set number of days, usually the more experienced teachers get the longer stints and your centre will be amalgamated with theirs after 10/11 days.

I'm working for my school thus year, operating a special centre.

I'm correcting LC OL Bio & conference is June 28/29th.

Of in doubt, ring SEC in Cornamaddy

The instructions for superintending are on sec website .
    http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=cs&sc=cs

Another rocking Kairos production :)

This is my issue. Im usually finished after a week so wanted to book my holiday for then, but i am scared to book it as there is a chance I may need to stay longer for some of the later exams eg music etc.
    I rang and they said they wont have it finalised until next week:(. I got my conference date though

Rang them yesterday and was told at best it will be the end of the week before superintendents are told the dates they are needed. essentially we only get 2 weeks notice. begged to just be given the date for the closure of my centre but got nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭khan86

I got my letter yesterday, I got a pathetic three days out of it. I know it's my first year but I thought I might get a minimum 5/6 days. Luckily I have the correcting in July too but no idea what I'm going to do for income between the 8th of June and the 8th of July...and then there's August to think about too. Most summer camps seem to be in July to cater for primary school kids so that's not really an option. Could anyone suggest any other kind of summer work for teachers in June and August that they know of?

• Advertisement
Advertisement