Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genuine Kindle cover with light faulty

Options
  • 09-05-2012 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Only used this a few times and the light is flickering as if a loose connection inside. Anyone else have problems with these?

Lost Argus receipt so not sure about warranty issues.

34q6w50.png

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Scrunch

Hi,

I have the same one and originally the light did not work. The problem was the hinge connection that provides the power. I removed the cover and pushed down on the top hinge a bit - this helped it make a better connection when refitted. As far as I remember, i saw this tip in one of the reviews on Amazon.

Light now works most of the time. Still sometimes need to push the kindle in towards the connector hinges to get light to stay on. Could probably adjust the hinge a bit more but I don't want to break it.

Info on removing/fitting the cover here:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200390460

Advertisement