Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airside

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

^ Yep definitely the car park. The work has already started. If they dont put another entrance/exit at the B&Q end somewhere then its gonna be a disaster zone.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I never understand why people queue at that entrance like lemmings, the other 2 are usually empty and it'd be quicker to bypass the first entrance and head up to the other 2 and drive back down through the carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

MugMugs wrote: »
    I'm fascinated by Swords and how massive it is and how little it gets. There wasn't a night club there up until Velvet.

I suppose it depends on how strictly you define a nightclub. Upstairs in the Lamb had one for years before Velvet opened. As did the Star I'm pretty sure. And while (Old) Wrights isn't a nightclub it runs on nightclub hours. Even The Harp where Velvet was based had late opening disco bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

^ Yep definitely the car park. The work has already started. If they dont put another entrance/exit at the B&Q end somewhere then its gonna be a disaster zone.

They aren't.

It will.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Madpaddy79

T-Maxx wrote: »

They aren't.

It will.

Only if it's a wet bank holiday weekend! All the Monday - Friday heads go into robot mode at these times " I must go shopping as its a bank holiday weekend, with every other monday - Friday person and spend 3 hours parking"

On the other hand if it was dry and sunny all the monday - friday heads " I must cut the grass as its a bank holiday weekend, then must go to the park" so this would be a good time to go shopping for anyone else!

Gets me everytime, there are 7 days in the week!! so just steer clear on a WET bank holiday weekend and there wont be a problem. 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

We're not just talking about Bank Holiday Mondays. Every weekend it is savage there, throw in the McD clientele and BOOM! Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Madpaddy79

It'll only last a week. One going in at the petrol station at the airport too.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Noice. I look forward to not eating the "chicken" nuggets.

ground-chicken-nuggets.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

If you ignore what's in them then they're bloody nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kumsheen

Yes, i just saw it yesterday. A big chunk of the car park will be lost too.
    This is also at one of the busiest entrances to Airside so it's going to make the traffic much worse when it's finished.

Does anybody know if it will be a drive-thru ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Does anybody know if it will be a drive-thru ?

Well theres a drive through on the plans so yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

any word on when its opening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Homer

I've heard they are aiming to be open for christmas. Judging by where they are at this stage that's about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

I heard theres a Tesco going in up near AIB somewhere??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Advertisement