Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

back and chest waxed dilema

• 09-05-2012 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

Hi i had a friend wax my back, shoulders and chest last Wednesday. It was my first time getting it done and wasn't to sore untill she got round to the belly. Anywho, my dilema now is that i have some serious spots on my upper back, shoulders and upper chest.
    I was quite hairy but dont know if that would affect the outcome. Is this normal for after a first time waxing? The spots on the back of my neck are actually quite sore and constantly chaff on shirt collars.
    Any help or advice is hugely appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

try some tea tree. The next time will be easier. Make sure you keep the area clean and avoid using perfumed shower gels etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Ha ha thanks but don't actually intend for there to be a "next time". After closer inspection they look more like miniature boils than spots?!?!

Showed the mammy and on her diagnosis (shes a nursey) i possibly have an allergy to the wax used. Taking piriton for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Did you do something that would involve a lot of sweating or have a shower after? This can cause the pores to let in bacteria and become spots or boils. ust give it time and it should clear up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Happened to my husband after he was waxed the first time - apparently is completely normal and is to do with the hair folicles reacting to the trauma.

Just put some tea tree or savlon on it and it should clear up in a few days.

• Advertisement

ihsb wrote: »
    Did you do something that would involve a lot of sweating or have a shower after? This can cause the pores to let in bacteria and become spots or boils. ust give it time and it should clear up.

I was warned to not do any "vigorous" activity for 24 hours after. I genuinely avoided my girlfriend and the gym for 48hours and i didn't shower till the following night, at least 26+ hours later and it was purely warm water, no shampoo, shower gel or soap.
    I'll report back tomorrow...

Advertisement