Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Premier League Week 1 Results and Match Reports

Options
  • 09-05-2012 7:50pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

This is the thread for posting results and match reports for week 1.

Should look something like the sample below and it is up to the winner to post.

Something like this:

49ers 25 Cardinals 27

[Short description - whatever format you like, quarter by quarter, play by play or just a few sentences if you like- similar to what we do with the normal franchise]

Stats:

Passing

Alex Smith 19/21 250 yds 2td 0 int 3 sacks
    Kevin Kolb 3/5 10yds 0 Td 2 INT 0 sacks

Rushing

Frank Gore 10 atts 200yds 0 tds
    Kendall Hunter 1 att -1yds 0 tds
    Beanie Wells 25atts 250yds 3tds

Defensive

Arizona 3 sacks 0 INT 0 Fumbles recovered
    SF 0 Sacks 3 INT 2 Fumbles recovered

Score:
    Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
    Ari 7 3 21 3
    SF 3 10 3 0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Otto Fancy Spout

giants 34 packers 24

packers where unlucky in this one a few costly picks in the second quarter decided the game.

Stats:

Passing

aaron rogers 19/29 319 yds 2 td 4 int
    eli manning 16/29 247 yds 2 Td 3 INT

Rushing

bradshaw 23 atts 121 yds 2 tds
    ryan grant 7 att 24 yds 0 tds

Defensive

giants 6 sacks 4 INT 1 Fumbles recovered
    packers 1 Sacks 3 INT 0 Fumbles recovered

Score:
    Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
    nyg 7 21 0 6
    gb 0 7 7 10

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Lions 29 Saints 24

An absolute classic in the dome, with both offences playing excellently. A few fumbles in this game proved very costly for the Saints, with Sproles guilty of a crucially one when his team were trying to wind down the clock deep in the 4th.

Stats:

Passing

Matt Stafford 11/26, 276 yds, 2 td, 2 int
    Drew Brees 18/29, 235 yds, 0 Td, 2 INT

Rushing
    Darren Sproles 17 atts, 99yds, 2 tds
    Jahvid Best 9 atts, 51 yds, 0tds

Defensive

Lions 4 sacks, 2 INT, 3 Fumbles recovered
    Saints 2 Sacks 2 INT 0 Fumbles recovered

Score:
    Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
    Det 3 10 3 13 29
    NO 0 14 7 3 25

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Great game, I forsee a lot of INT's while I learn the saints playbook...

couldn't believe some of those fumbles...could have cried at that last one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Great game between the Falcons and Texans.

Q1
    A pick thrown by Matt Ryan see's Houston get early possession of the ball. However it's not long before Schaub throws a pick in return. Saftey William Moore takes it 94 yds to the house. The quarter plays out with no more scores.
    Q2
    The quarter starts with an 81yd pass to TE Owen Daniels and the Texans draw level. However, Atlanta drive up the field and Ryan throws an 8yd TD pass to Eric Weems, despite heavy pressure coming from the Texans D. More INTs from Houston and poor drives from Atlanta mean there are no more scores.
    Q3
    The 3rd quarter is not a high scoring one. More innacurate passes come from Matt Schaub which lead to interceptions. However Atlanta can only manage a 44yd field goal.
    Q4
    The fourth quarter sees plenty of action. Atlanta go up by 21 points with a 1YD touch down run from Michael Turner. However, a 7YD touch down pass by O.Daniels see's the Texans pull closer. The Falcons get the ball back and punt it inside the Houston 5. Matt Schaub makes a huge play with a 92YD touch down pass to, once again, Owen Daniels. Against all odds Houston recover the onside kick on their own 43 yd line. Just 3 points behind and they make a steady drive up the field. However, another interception from Matt Schaub finishes a horrible game for the QB. Saftey Thomas DeCoud returns 78YDs for another defensive touch down. On the final play of the game Schaub throws one final interception on the hail mary and the game is over.

Stats
    ATL 7/7/3/14
    HOU 0/7/0/14

Passing--> M.Ryan 78.1 13/23 180Yds 1TD
    M.Schaub 97.8 16/28 367Yds 3TDs

Rushing-->M.Turner 19Att 85Yds 1TD
    J.Rodgers 3Att 6Yds
    O.Mughelli 2Att 2Yds
    M.Ryan 1Att 6Yds
    A.Foster 10Att 38Yds
    B.Tate 1Att 0Yds
    L.Vickers 1Att 2Yds

Defense--> ATL 1 Sack, 6INTs, 2TDs
    HOU 2 Sacks, 1INT, 0TDs

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lukebray wrote: »
    Great game between the Falcons and Texans.

Q1
    A pick thrown by Matt Ryan see's Houston get early possession of the ball. However it's not long before Schaub throws a pick in return. Saftey William Moore takes it 94 yds to the house. The quarter plays out with no more scores.
    Q2
    The quarter starts with an 81yd pass to TE Owen Daniels and the Texans draw level. However, Atlanta drive up the field and Ryan throws an 8yd TD pass to Eric Weems, despite heavy pressure coming from the Texans D. More INTs from Houston and poor drives from Atlanta mean there are no more scores.
    Q3
    The 3rd quarter is not a high scoring one. More innacurate passes come from Matt Schaub which lead to interceptions. However Atlanta can only manage a 44yd field goal.
    Q4
    The fourth quarter sees plenty of action. Atlanta go up by 21 points with a 1YD touch down run from Michael Turner. However, a 7YD touch down pass by O.Daniels see's the Texans pull closer. The Falcons get the ball back and punt it inside the Houston 5. Matt Schaub makes a huge play with a 92YD touch down pass to, once again, Owen Daniels. Against all odds Houston recover the onside kick on their own 43 yd line. Just 3 points behind and they make a steady drive up the field. However, another interception from Matt Schaub finishes a horrible game for the QB. Saftey Thomas DeCoud returns 78YDs for another defensive touch down. On the final play of the game Schaub throws one final interception on the hail mary and the game is over.

Stats
    ATL 7/7/3/14
    HOU 0/7/0/14

Passing--> M.Ryan 78.1 13/23 180Yds 1TD
    M.Schaub 97.8 16/28 367Yds 3TDs

Rushing-->M.Turner 19Att 85Yds 1TD
    J.Rodgers 3Att 6Yds
    O.Mughelli 2Att 2Yds
    M.Ryan 1Att 6Yds
    A.Foster 10Att 38Yds
    B.Tate 1Att 0Yds
    L.Vickers 1Att 2Yds

Defense--> ATL 1 Sack, 6INTs, 2TDs
    HOU 2 Sacks, 1INT, 0TDs

Thanks for the report mate, great game!

When I got the ball from the onside kick I thought I would be able to get down field, then realised I'd used all my timeouts :pac: I had to go for it then and thought Johnson had beat the safety deep, was gutted to see the ball fall into his hands for an INT.

There was one play in particular that ends with Roddy White receiving that I had trouble stopping and the way you kept moving your FB around destroyed me too.

Well done on the win, enjoyed the game.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Thanks for the report mate, great game!

When I got the ball from the onside kick I thought I would be able to get down field, then realised I'd used all my timeouts :pac: I had to go for it then and thought Johnson had beat the safety deep, was gutted to see the ball fall into his hands for an INT.

There was one play in particular that ends with Roddy White receiving that I had trouble stopping and the way you kept moving your FB around destroyed me too.

Well done on the win, enjoyed the game.

Yeah when you recovered I was 99% sure you'd at least get a FG and like 75% you'd get a TD haha. You mean Jones? It's my money play although can sometimes lead to INTs if I read the coverage wrong :( So it's risky :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Steelers 20 - 10 49ers. No report as shane had to leave right after the game. I had chances near the end but just couldn't get into the end zone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ Patriots
    Pats win the toss and elect to kick

Q1
    Titans have a 3 and out and punt.
    Pats get the ball and move in well through the air for a TD
    Q2
    Titans move it well in the air but struggle on the ground and get a TD
    Titans force the Pats to settle for a FG at the end of the 2nd Q

Pats to receive
    Q3
    Pats go to a more run orientated offense and power in for a short TD.

Q4
    Titans get in for a short TD
    Titans get the pasts on 3rd and inches and hope to stop them for a FG but they get in for a TD.
    Titans have 90 seconds to score twice but make a bit of progress and then throw an int and thats game.

Stats:
    Ten 0/7/0/7
    NE 7/3/7/7

Passing:
    Hasselbeck 10 from 17, 199 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int
    Brady 19 from 22, 208 yards, 1 TD and no Ints

Rushing:
    C2J with 12 carries, 59 yards and 1 1TD
    Danny Woodhead with 13 carries, 86 yards and 2 TDs

Receving:
    A great TE battle here.
    Cook Jr with 6 catches, 130 yards and 1 TD
    Gronk with 6 catches, 111 yards and 1 TD

Good game Empacher, Brady was on fire and Woodhead kept me guessing.

I was chatting away through the game but got your XBL message

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Good game. Only difference was me having the last score before the half. your audible from 2RB 2WR 1TE into 5WR was wrecking my tits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Bengals 38-7 Ravens

Stats:

Passing

Andy Dalton 12/14, 160 yds, 2 TD 0 INT
    Joe Flacco 14/29, 207 yds, 0 TD 5 INT

Rushing
    Cedric Benson 31 atts, 177 yds 2 TD
    Ray Rice 14 atts, 46 yds 0 TD

Defensive

Bengals 2 sacks, 5 INT, 1 Fumbles recovered
    Ravens 2 Sacks 0 INT 2 Fumbles recovered

Score:
    Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
    CB 21 7 7 3 38
    BR 0 0 0 7 7

• Advertisement

That's all six played....roll on week 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

madalig12 wrote: »
    That's all six played....roll on week 2.

I was going to say yes, but then I checked the fixtures and seen who I was playing. I think I'll be ''away'' for the next while :pac:

I was going to say yes, but then I checked the fixtures and seen who I was playing. I think I'll be ''away'' for the next while :pac:

I take it it's not me! Thinking of changing my username to madalig17, that's usually all I score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Will we just count the game we just played? :p

So since I'll be away for June, I played my week 3 fixture against Heli.

can't really remember much detail but the game started well for me, going up by 14 points. Heli soon caught up due to 4 INTs by Matt Ryan and was up by 2 scores at one stage I think? I managed to catch up only for him to score a field goal with 1:00 left to go. He was up by 3 points but I managed to take the ball to his 29YD line to kick a game tying field goal.

In OT I won the toss but the drive gets stopped around my own 40YD line. I call a blitz which Chris Johnson negates, scoring a TD and putting him on 200yds receiving for the day. Final score...38-31 Titans I think?

Chris Johnson had 200yds receiving
    Tony Gonzalez had 150 + and Michael Turner had 115 or something rushing.

Was a great game that could have gone either way. Had there not been so many poor defensive decisions on my part, it could have been a different game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Did ye play through the BPL community?

Raoul/Santry, I don't see your game on there...

EDIT: We have 2 games this week not played through the community so I'm going to have to be insistent on everyone posting the stats correctly otherwise I won't be able to do all the stats.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Adrian yes we played through the community Titans/falcons

However what I did notice was that I ha a quick scan of the stats (and this happened in my last boards game too) my rb gets yards however someone them aren't counted for the teams rushing

However what I did notice was that I ha a quick scan of the stats (and this happened in my last boards game too) my rb gets yards however someone them aren't counted for the teams rushing
    At least its not adding stats for throwing by lolb's when they dont throw the ball. as per my last game.

Ok, in that case I'll take stats from the match reports...

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    Ok, in that case I'll take stats from the match reports...
    Ad. the game i refered to was in franchise.

Advertisement