Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartphone

Options
  • 09-05-2012 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of buying a smartphone, at the minute it is between the iphone 4s, galaxy s3 and htc one x

I have a couple of questions that im hoping someone might be able to help me with

1. Are the 3 phones above compatible with sky go?

2. Which of the three has the best camera, battery, internet speed?

3. I am considering moving to the UK in approx 12 months, presume it would just be a matter of buying a UK sim when I move over? I will be buying a pre pay phone

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

The Galaxy note could also be an option

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Im thinking of buying a smartphone, at the minute it is between the iphone 4s, galaxy s3 and htc one x

I have a couple of questions that im hoping someone might be able to help me with

1. Are the 3 phones above compatible with sky go?

2. Which of the three has the best camera, battery, internet speed?

3. I am considering moving to the UK in approx 12 months, presume it would just be a matter of buying a UK sim when I move over? I will be buying a pre pay phone

Thanks

1. Definetly works on the iphone 4s, don't think it works on the One X yet and the S3 isn't out yet but probably won't be available for a while on that either.

2. All 3 have very good camera's, i'd say the One X has the best if i had to pick(even though there hasn't been a proper comparison with the s3's yet). Best battery would more then likely be the iphone 4s, but not sure about the s3's yet and internet speed, there all very fast.

3. The phone would need to be unlocked before you move over so you could put a uk sim in it.

Personally, id go for the Htc One X becuase its available now, it's easy to unlock, overall its a very good phone(design + hardware) and there'll be a new iphone in the next few months so wouldn't get a 4s right now.

The note might be two big, it can be got for 435e from amazon.de at the moment though, but id still recommend the Htc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sneakersotoole

htc phones are unlocked when you buy them, they will take any sim card.
    hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

If you are thinking of the iphone, buy it directly from Apple - it will be about the same price and unlocked too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

I've recently moved from iphone 4s to Samsung Galaxy s3. The one fault I've found with the s3 is wifi issues.

I have tried every 'fix' and still on occasion I lose wifi capability. Otherwise and this is purely a personal opinion(as I have no beef with apple) I prefer the s3.

At the moment Sky go is compatible with the s3. That may change when all phones are upgraded to 'jelly bean' operating system. It will probably take Sky a couple of months to catch up.

I find the battery better on the s3 than the iphone. I don't use the camera that often, but I believe even iphone users are saying the s3 is better.

I have no knowledge of the HTC1.

• Advertisement
Advertisement