Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China bear bile farms...

• 09-05-2012 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I thought I'd highlight this horrible activity. Many people probably don't know about it.

China bear bile farms stir anger among campaigners: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-17188043

How can this nonsense be 'legal'?

It must end! :mad:

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

I saw this again recently on the Uk Wildlife SOS TV show on Animal planet I think. they went to a moon bear sanctury set up by an english woman Gill Robinson.
    not sure if I am allowed to put up link but she does a blog also
    http://www.moonbears.co.uk/

she has a great place set up for those she is able to rescue but it was terrible to see they can be enclosed in metal cages just big enough for them for 20+ years:mad:. the guy from Wildlife SOS was crying when he came out of the farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭Worztron

**warning some viewers may find the following videos upsetting/disturbing**

William Ralph Inge: "We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form."

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

When I first heard about this, about 6 months ago, I knew it was something that would stay with me forever. Like a lot of the horrific animal abuse stories/actions I've read about/seen.

I genuinely don't have very much faith left in humans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭Goose81

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi.

I thought I'd highlight this horrible activity. Many people probably don't know about it.

China bear bile farms stir anger among campaigners: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-17188043

How can this nonsense be 'legal'?

It must end! :mad:

Man you think that's bad from the Chinese. How about the Koreans beating live dogs to death in markets. They think the more they suffer the more tender the meat, so they beat the dogs for hours keeping them alive as long as possible until the dog ****s and pisses themselves as it dies.

Then there's the Chinese fur farms, where animals are tied to gates and skined alive and then set on their way to die. There's <snip> a style videos of that on the web, the most single horrific thing I have ever seen in my life.

Just look at the way they treat humans over there, nothing is off limits regarding animals, they will never change.

I'll never forget the image of a mink barely raising its head, still alive, with only it's eyelashes left. Much like the seals in the Canadian seal hunt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭Worztron

I'll never forget the image of a mink barely raising its head, still alive, with only it's eyelashes left. Much like the seals in the Canadian seal hunt.

Was that the one in Earthlings (2007) http://www.earthlings.com? I thought that was a dog. Poor creature. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Very depressing *sigh*

Worztron wrote: »
    Was that the one in Earthlings (2007) http://www.earthlings.com? I thought that was a dog. Poor creature. :(

Nope, Ive never been able to watch Earthlings. To be honest I dont really need to. Ive already seen more horrific images than I ever needed to. I know exactly whats going on in the world and I already have enough vile images in my head that will never disappear so I dont need anymore. I also dont want to become de-sensitized to these things (if anyone ever could).

<snip>

I know how we treat aniamls for food in slaughter houses and stuff isnt really acceptable, but this kinda stuff just takes it to a whole other level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Goose81 wrote: »
    Just look at the way they treat humans over there, nothing is off limits regarding animals, they will never change.

they wont unless enough people stand up and make them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

And yet the world fawns over them for their governments cash (which they only have cos they lack any social welfare/pension system).

But if these barbarians treat their own people like dirt, one can hardly expect them to treat animals any differently.

Whenever I see these, I'm always saddened, but never surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Any more posts in this thread referencing militant animal rights groups will receive an instant ban. Read the Forum Charter before posting!

Advertisement