Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water works

Options
  • 09-05-2012 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Anyones water pressure really low. Williamstown area??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

gone in the Johns Hill area

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cuppac12

Just got this.... Great timing on the advance notice ., not

Via: Waterford City Council

Due to essential maintenance and upgrade/repair works to the drinking water supply network, there will be a planned temporary interruption on the evening of Wednesday 9th May 2012 from 7pm to 7am Thursday 10th May to the drinking water supply to the following general areas-

Williamstown Road from Williamstown Village/Bishops Field to the Junction of Upper Grange Road/Inner Ring Road.

Farronshoneen Roundabout to the Roundabout at Waterford Regional Hospital, Dunmore Rd.

Water will return as soon as practicable after works are completed. Waterford City Council apologises to all customers for any inconvenience and disturbance that may be caused /incurred due to these works.

Water Services Dept.
    Waterford City Council

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 guv999

Thanks for clarifying this. Where did you read this?
    cuppac12 wrote: »
    Just got this.... Great timing on the advance notice ., not

Via: Waterford City Council

Due to essential maintenance and upgrade/repair works to the drinking water supply network, there will be a planned temporary interruption on the evening of Wednesday 9th May 2012 from 7pm to 7am Thursday 10th May to the drinking water supply to the following general areas-

Williamstown Road from Williamstown Village/Bishops Field to the Junction of Upper Grange Road/Inner Ring Road.

Farronshoneen Roundabout to the Roundabout at Waterford Regional Hospital, Dunmore Rd.

Water will return as soon as practicable after works are completed. Waterford City Council apologises to all customers for any inconvenience and disturbance that may be caused /incurred due to these works.

Water Services Dept.
    Waterford City Council

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cuppac12

Got an email from my residents association.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 guv999

Thanks, I was unable to find anything on the council website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Do I smell house hold charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I saw a few council vans working on the road just by Mount Pleasant earlier. That explains it.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

Taking a long time for all the dirty water to pass its way through all the taps. You'd be a bit pissed off if you knew that you were paying for every litre of that crappy water and had to leave the taps running for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

letsbet wrote: »
    Taking a long time for all the dirty water to pass its way through all the taps. You'd be a bit pissed off if you knew that you were paying every litre of that crappy water and had to leave the taps running for ages.

I'd agree with you there. The lack of effective notice to the thousands of people impacted coupled with there still being no acceptable water supply 17 hours later really just highlights the lack of joined up think present in our city council.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Just received a FB note back from City Council apologising for only notifying people on twitter.
    They have suggested registering with http://www.mapalerter.com/ where we'll receive sms alerts on water and other issues relating to our local area.
    Could be an improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭achiman

my fcukin water pressure is so low all day the shower wont work ..water rates my ass..grange area

Advertisement