Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Request] Looking for a Pressure Cooker

Options
  • 09-05-2012 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

This is the Cooking & Recipes forum - not Buy & Sell. Try adverts.ie.
    Any suggestions on where to buy a large one is OK - but no trading here thanks.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

amazon.co.uk have quite a good selection and you would easily qualify for the free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you do go with argos..
    rubadub wrote: »
    I have this one and am happy with it.
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8610351/Trail/searchtext%3EPRESSURE+COOKER.htm

I would not go for any other argos have. The others are just crap, poor seals and too many gimmicks, it is the only one I saw getting good reviews. I used to use them in a hobby involving sterilizing foods, prestige are a good brand so spares should be available for many years. The newer prestiges with fancy features get bad reviews, many have poor seals which is the most important bit.

For the rolls royce of pressure cookers it has to be an "all-american" brand one, last a lifetime but you would have to import it, unless a catering supplier stocks them.
    I doubt you will get the all american in any shop here. They have no gasket, I see lads online using ancient ones, like some could be 50 years old and still going no bother.

More on the argos one I linked
    rubadub wrote: »
    It goes to 15psi too, many are only 12psi nowadays, 15psi is important if canning as it greatly increases processing time. It can be ran at higher psi too, I think the manual says up to 28psi, but they do not give you the extra weights to do this.
    15psi cooks quicker, that post was about sterilizing.

Advertisement