Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would this work - Sales Consultant

Options
  • 09-05-2012 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All, I am 8yrs in Sales, currently at level as Advertising Sales Manager for a series of online Jobs Boards, same company for 6yrs, always getting calls off clients asking advice on running a sales team/hiring/call targets/pitches/social media etc which isn't something we offer but obviously happy to help my clients on this side of things,,

Now I need to figure out a way to bring in an extra couple hundred euro a wk, have 1 half day - 1 day off during the wk so was thinking about free lancing & offering once off or repeat help to start ups that need a bit of help. Do you think this type of idea could work for me? Am in Dublin but can travel.

Oh I have a no compete clause in my contract so obviously couldn't do this to similar companies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭arbitrage

It is fairly cheap to advertise online in the services offered sections.

No reason not to see if you get any interest.

Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Good idea! It'll open all sorts of doors if you get it right.

Do it, review it, change it! But you'll only know if you do it.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

County Entreprise boards might pay you as an advisor to some of the their client companies if you approach it correctly and if you can prove you are an expert in this area. Start with your local county board. Pays about 50 euro per hour I understand.

Or you could also try to run a group training day once a month aimed at sales managers in your area (e.g. 99 euro for 4 hours one morning's training for 10 participants, to start with) ... advertise from your website, have people sign up online or call to a manned 1850 number for more info (where you return calls in evenings etc / when not in day job) .

Advertisement