Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UK Apprentice Season 8 Week 8

Options
  • 09-05-2012 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭

No thread started just yet?

Here we go again lads, only Urbanised Arty...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

What's wrong with the artist's voice?

"Ten thousand paaaaaaaunds" :confused:

Randomly elongaaaaaating words. Very annoyiiiiiiing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

I know!

Kinda English with a bit of pseudo california thrown in for good measure!

Gonna go out on a bit of a limb here, and say that Gabrielles team are gonna loose and that Stephen is a gonner! Just a feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Off to to fetch out me paint box :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Quiet thread tonight, OH watching football so will have to watch later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Should of been the other way around.. Gutted for the team who lost.. The corporate deal should of been the deal breaker..

Quiet thread tonight, OH watching football so will have to watch later.

Really quiet, and I didn't even start it til after 9...

DAM YOU FOOTBALL!:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Recessionbust

afatbollix wrote: »
    Should of been the other way around.. Gutted for the team who lost.. The corporate deal should of been the deal breaker..

Totally agree. Sugar should have went with the fact that the other team lost a major client

Laura is gone, has to be, sales were too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Recessionbust

Two girls need to be kicked but if I was sugar I would have booted the other teams pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

No real surprise there.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

who was the artist that they taught was too controversial?

DULLAHAN2 wrote: »
    who was the artist that they taught was too controversial?

Not 100% sure but it was letters and numbers
    RDH2 or summit like that (or maybe completely different)

Very aggressive art, but very skilled!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I know I said it a few weeks ago, but I just can't warm to this series, I am beginning to like Adam, something about him!!! Girls, either jenna or Gabrielle,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I think if LordAlun didn't fire Laura I'd be done with this show.
    "I'm totally confident in my sales ability". Jeez, she doesn't let the facts get in the way of her self-delusion.

It's a pity Gabrielle's team didn't lose because they were all set to tear each other to shreds. Stephen was only waiting for a chance to let rip. He's sneakier than Jedi-Jim as he hides it better but it's coming through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Stephen is loathsome. The way he reacted when Gabrielle turned down his stupid suggestion about doing the street art really irritated me. I'm all for people having wacky ideas, but every one he has is stupid and he then throws his toys out of the pram when he's turned down. Jenna was in a daze for this entire episode - I wish she'd told him it was a sh!t idea.

I hated seeing Tom getting criticized but the comment on You're Fired about him being overconfident for his years is well judged and maybe he'll learn from that. Given the spoiler for next week's task is up his street, I wonder will be PM again. And speaking of You're Fired - Laura looked fantastic.

Adam is irking me less these days, but he's coming down from a high level of irking and he will undoubtedly balls up again soon. Ricky Martin's maths ability continues to impress. And finally, it was a bit unfair that Renault had 5K to spend on art and Beefeater had 10K - if Tom had got Beefeater to his gallery they might have bought one of the large pieces by that weirdly spoken artist and they would have romped home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Well there ever put some more lighting in that café.
    Looks like the most cold unwelcoming place ever :(

That was a right childish remark from Stephen in the car. A live demo but you can't see the artist, daft idea and then he was crying like a baby

Both PM's Gabrielle and Tom were pretty good imo, fair play

Hey, why are the threads so quiet this series?
    Two seasons ago it was mad busy and we'd be piling on the ridicule and abuse :D
    So so quiet this season

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Usually its the ones that don't put in enough effort compared to the rest of the candidates usually is the one who is fired. It was kind of obvious that Laura would go despite being an excellent candidate she didn't show her skills off enough and therefore lost the task when she didn't sell enough despite selling Art being out of her depth. While those who aren't in the industry and went into the deep end got stuck in and fair deuce to them.

Thought the PM's did well but decision wise was 50/50 as to how things would pan out. Selling Art can go either way. Depends on buyer's tastes and interests. Art is a very varied thing especially in the case of painting. Its in the case of catching the eye of the beholder, what they like, what art they are into, texture what type of paints they like on a painting oil, watercolour, acrylics, what type of art it is for example contemporary art, what form or type of pictures they like are they into landscapes or portraits.

Its difficult to divulge in what area or target audience to target if you haven't much knowledge in the area or similar interest to it but I suppose its how the candidates engaged with the artists and the buyers really that played a part in their selling!

Its an interesting series but no different to the Irish ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

doovdela wrote: »
    Usually its the ones that don't put in enough effort compared to the rest of the candidates usually is the one who is fired. It was kind of obvious that Laura would go despite being an excellent candidate she didn't show her skills off enough and therefore lost the task when she didn't sell enough despite selling Art being out of her depth. While those who aren't in the industry and went into the deep end got stuck in and fair deuce to them.

Thought the PM's did well but decision wise was 50/50 as to how things would pan out. Selling Art can go either way. Depends on buyer's tastes and interests. Art is a very varied thing especially in the case of painting. Its in the case of catching the eye of the beholder, what they like, what art they are into, texture what type of paints they like on a painting oil, watercolour, acrylics, what type of art it is for example contemporary art, what form or type of pictures they like are they into landscapes or portraits.

Its difficult to divulge in what area or target audience to target if you haven't much knowledge in the area or similar interest to it but I suppose its how the candidates engaged with the artists and the buyers really that played a part in their selling!

Its an interesting series but no different to the Irish ones.

It's so much better than the Irish one. The irish one - This week's task is to create an advertisement for brand a/ sell brand b/ create viral video for product c etc. The amount of product placement on it is unreal.

I read that the father of Laura's son was killed the first week of filming, it must have been tough for her.

Advertisement