Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tulfarris 10 Mile & 5k Races - Sat 16th June

Options
  • 09-05-2012 9:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 254 ✭✭

2010 Thread Here - Poll score 4.875

2011 Thread HERE - No Poll Setup

Race Website Here

We have moved this year's event to mid-June to avoid a clash with the nearby Moon Kilomarathon event in August.

You can enter these events for €19 (5k) or €24 (10 mile) until Monday 14th May.
    These entry prices include tech tee, chip timing, post race healthy refreshments and all entry charges and commissions.

The Tulfarris "Tough" 10 is held on scenic country roads with super views of the Wicklow mountains and Blessington lakes.
    Whilst the undulating route is unlikely to provide a PB for many, the enjoyment comes from the route views, the camaraderie of a small intimate event, the ease of on morning sign-on, parking adjacent to the sign-on and finish, healthy post race refreshments, etc

It's baby brother is the 5k held on a flatter route on very quiet roads and is very suitable for beginners.
    Both courses are certified measured distance as measured by Jones Counter

Hopefully we will see you in Tulfarris on 16th June and please do pass this mail onto any running club-mates or friends that you think might be interested in this event

Many thanks,

Paul - RD
    You can mail me at info@tulfarris10.com if any Q's

Please rate Tulfarris Tough 10 in terms of organisation, scenery & value for money 5 votes

5 stars (Excellent)
    0% 0 votes
    4 stars (Good)
    80% 4 votes
    3 stars (Average)
    20% 1 vote
    2 stars (Poor)
    0% 0 votes
    1 star (Terrible)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Sounds like a great event. A 'cousin' of the 3/4 marathon in Athlone, so its bound to be good. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 254 ✭✭Excuseless

On-line entries close at midnight Thurs 14th June

We are looking like having about 30 for 5k and 160+ for 10 miler so small and intimate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

This was good fun. Tough, naturally, but very enjoyable - some great scenery and good camaraderie along the route helped get me through. Running up the hills made the flat stretches all the more welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Jaaaaaayyyyssus but that was tough! The race certainly lives up to it's name. Not a PB by any means but I was delighted with how it went.

The race was well organised. Registration and parking was quick and efficient. It was useful to see the race list beforehand as it alerted me to some club colleagues and others I knew who were running.

The course was well marked, well marshaled and had beautiful views of the Wicklow countryside. There were three drink stops at 2.5, 5 and 7.5 miles. Throw in chip timing, tech tee shirt, plenty of food and water at the end and you have a race that represents great value for money.

What surprised me was the relatively small number of entries but in a way that only added to the enjoyment.

Well done to Paul and all his crew.

Thanks for the positive feedback on today's race.

Tough conditions by times but dehydration at least was not an issue for anyone :cool:

Entry numbers were small relative to some races but they were 60% up on 2011 so hopefully with this sort of good feedback many will return with their running buddies in 2013 and make it bigger and better.
    Maybe somone could setup a poll here and it might entice others along next year :)

Provisional results now up on event website ( Red Tag currently filling in some gaps in them) and photos will hopefully follow shortly from Action Photos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

Some great photos up on the Action Photography site now.

http://www.actionphotography.ie/events-TT10-2012.html

Poll Now Setup above so if you were there and participating then please vote and hopefully encourage others to join us in 2013

Advertisement