Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMO mouse suggestions?

Options
  • 09-05-2012 9:23pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thought id stick this in here instead of the hardware forums, im thinking of getting one of those mmo mice with plenty of buttons, the razor naga springs to mind, any thoughts on it or something else maybe?
    Was also considering the Corsair M90 i believe its called?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/mice-keyboard-combos/devices/g9x-laser-mouse

Using this at the moment. Was tempted to buy the Razer Naga but it seems like its trying to hard to be the ultimate gaming mouse and comes off looking, silly? Plus overpriced. G9x is solid for gaming, has weights, just enough buttons on the mouse and two covers for different grip....gripping....

Bought it for 70 quid off Komplett.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Would advise against the naga. I have it myself and I find the side buttons too small to accurately hit and I can't reach the back row due to hand placement.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks guys, im using logitech Mx 518 atm.
    I was hoping for something with 6 or more buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dcully wrote: »

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_GB/pd/productID.169418900

New Razer Naga 2012 edition

Just came out yesterday

Pretty much blows everything else out of the water. Pretty much regarded as the best MMO mouse

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'll agree with TheDoc.

I've been using the Naga for going on two years now and absolutely love it. Very simply to learn to use and much faster than traditional binding.

The only problem is that once you're used to it, you'll have a hell of a time trying to use a normal one for gaming.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys,would it be usable with fps games?
    I do like my nice light mx 518 for fps gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I suggest the Cyborg MMO 7 http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/mmo.htm
    Gonna be the mouse i get for guild wars 2

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

I definitely would recommend the 2012 edition of the Naga. I have one myself ( the old one) and I will 100% be moving up to the new one because i Accidentally let it drop a while ago and its not quite been the same since.

The naga changed my mmo experience for the better. I was predominantly a clicker and this mouse changed the way i gamed completely. Its a bit weird to get used to at the start but once you do everything feels natural and so much more fluid.

Get a Naga and you will never look back. =]

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

Has to be the Naga, had one for a good while now myself and will only ever change mouse if it breaks and it will be replaced with another razer naga.

It comes with small bits of rubber you can stick onto the buttons that you can use to help you remember where certain abilities are but you can probably just skip them as it is very easy to get used to and just seems natural.

I have 40+ Keybinds in WoW, probably more than 50. The Naga is a game changer

As for Fps games I didnt like it for that, was a bit too bulky. Not impossible to use, just not ideal.

I wouldnt go for the 2012 edition though, as far as I can tell the only difference is the interchangable side panels. You can get the original blue colour one for 50 quid

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-Naga-5600DPI-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B002N2L6QU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336639102&sr=8-1

Thanks guys, whats this Naga Hex 2012?
    Seems to have less buttons but purely from looking at photos these buttons seem liek they might be easier to work with than the 12 buttons on the other one,probably more suited to DOTA games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

I've never used the hex before to be honest but it does look more suited for moba ( dota and lol ) then mmo's but it might work well for GW2 i suppose its all done to preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

A mouse is one thing that I find hard to buy online. You really need to go in to shop a try them out to see what feels right. You can't do that in Ireland though. The M90 looks good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4KneciiKXc

Thanks guys, whats this Naga Hex 2012?

If you're playing something like WoW I wouldnt go for it, you will get more mouse buttons of course but it isnt ideal as at least personally I find in WoW even with a naga I struggle to get enough keybinds.

It will probably be more suited to the likes of Diablo or games where you hae maybe a max of 10 abilities

NiallFH wrote: »
    If you're playing something like WoW I wouldnt go for it, you will get more mouse buttons of course but it isnt ideal as at least personally I find in WoW even with a naga I struggle to get enough keybinds.

It will probably be more suited to the likes of Diablo or games where you hae maybe a max of 10 abilities

Anyone used the Naga for LoL or moba games?

I'm tempted to get the new 2012 edition. I currnetly have the copperhead from Razer , the Naga is making me hum and haugh. My copperhead is in perfect working order, but all the lads I play wow with all moved to Naga last year and said its the best thing they did.

But I would get stressed if it was poo for FPS, Diablo 3 and LoL.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Anyone used the Naga for LoL or moba games?

I'm tempted to get the new 2012 edition. I currnetly have the copperhead from Razer , the Naga is making me hum and haugh. My copperhead is in perfect working order, but all the lads I play wow with all moved to Naga last year and said its the best thing they did.

But I would get stressed if it was poo for FPS, Diablo 3 and LoL.

I played a very small amount of LoL, maybe 10 games and I wouldnt say the Naga is game breaking there. Since you only have a restricted number of abilities there is enough 'good real estate' on they keyboard.

I found the Naga amazing for Wow as it reduced the number of poor keybinds I had, i.e. on my keyboard I can't comfortably reach H so I was able to remove that keybind.

It also helps with strafing and attacking, something that isnt really an issue in LoL.

I didn't like it at all for Fps, there I would prefer something with 3 or 4 buttons max

I think ill go with the Corsair M90, i like the positioning of the buttons more than the naga.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Anyone got the Naga hex?

I play alot of HoN and will be playing Diablo3 from next week and the 6 buttons on the side look ideal but if it isn't great for FPS games that might be a problem.

Not currently playing any MMOs and probably won't be for the foreseeable future.

I think ill go with the Corsair M90, i like the positioning of the buttons more than the naga.

Mate picked up that with the K90 keyboard ( name check?)

Got rid of them both there on Wednesday to get Razer Naga and Razer Blackwidow.

Had them less then 4 months Id say.

Hes a pretty hardcore WoW head from Sweden busting out some serious raiding hours and said it was overpriced dribble and a serious let down.

I'd avoid tbh

If you want a mouse for MMO's, seriously..Razer Naga was the end of this thread ;)

Mate picked up that with the K90 keyboard ( name check?)

Had them less then 4 months Id say.

Hes a pretty hardcore WoW head from Sweden busting out some serious raiding hours and said it was overpriced dribble and a serious let down.

I'd avoid tbh

If you want a mouse for MMO's, seriously..Razer Naga was the end of this thread ;)

Thanks for your input guys.
    Ive read comments on youtube etc that agree with your friend but ive also read reviews that dont quite agree.
    All the reviews below were positive.

http://p-hardwareblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/review-corsair-vengeance-m90.html

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5564/capsule-review-corsairs-vengeance-m60-and-m90-mice

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2012/02/21/corsair-vengeance-m90-review/1

http://www.kitguru.net/peripherals/mouse/henry-butt/corsair-vengeance-m90-mmo-gaming-mouse-review/

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4630/corsair_vengeance_m90_performance_mmo_and_rts_gaming_mouse_review/index.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

If you're not using a mouse in your left hand... :(

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    If you're not using a mouse in your left hand... :(

Theres a Naga for the lefty's in the works, possibly a while off yet though
    http://www.examiner.com/article/razer-to-release-left-handed-naga-gaming-mouse

At the end of the day Dcully its up to yourself, I had a quick look at some of those reviews and agreed on some points disagreed on others, such as the positioning of buttons being better than the Naga, personally I prefer the Naga, they are orderly whereas the Corsair seems a bit all over the place with space wasted in the middle, where I rest my thumb on my Naga.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

NiallFH wrote: »
    Theres a Naga for the lefty's in the works, possibly a while off yet though
    http://www.examiner.com/article/razer-to-release-left-handed-naga-gaming-mouseQUOTE]But that's the part I honestly don't understand; of the world population ~10% are left handed. Changing the plastics and moving a few cables internally to have a left and right version should not be hard but yet you basically never see it. I have to settle for standard mouses which are not biased for either hand :(

But that's the part I honestly don't understand; of the world population ~10% are left handed. Changing the plastics and moving a few cables internally to have a left and right version should not be hard but yet you basically never see it. I have to settle for standard mouses which are not biased for either hand :(

From what I read they are taking a loss in making these mice, apparently they are only doing it because of the demand, they put a FB post up and said if they get 10,000 likes in x amount of time they will do it, they got the likes in a fraction of the time stated.

You can get a left handed Deathadder

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-Deathadder-Handed-3500DPI-Gaming/dp/B003EUPCZG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336735422&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I've been using the 518's for years, great mouse, reliable, cheap and lasts forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Did you make a choice on your new mouse Cully?

Lister1 wrote: »
    Did you make a choice on your new mouse Cully?

Yeah i went with the M90,shoul have it Monday.
    I just dont like the button setup on the naga, then again it remains to be seen if i like em on the M90, i find a mouse is a very personal device.

Just to update this guys, i got the M90 didnt like it straight away and thought id get to like it the more i tried.
    However the opposite happened and i didnt like it at all.
    Every button with the exception of your usual mouse 1 and 2 were just terribly awkward to use and took more than one click to activate at the best of times.
    I tried some mmo`s,moba`s,rts games it was just terrible.
    Bizzarely it worked excellently with fps games, seriously accurate.
    Bizzare in the senc ethat its marketed as an mmo/rts mouse yet it worked great for fps games.
    Its smaller brother the M60 is targeted at the fps crowd and i can see why but for other genres i can now agree with those that say its sucks.
    I gave it 3-4 hours game time and it was just painful, ive since RMA ed it and would definitely avoid.

Im not sure if ill bother with a new mouse now, my trusty MX518 is still going strong and is just so comfortable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

That's my setup too. Can't fault it.

Just to update this guys, i got the M90 didnt like it straight away and thought id get to like it the more i tried.
    However the opposite happened and i didnt like it at all.
    Every button with the exception of your usual mouse 1 and 2 were just terribly awkward to use and took more than one click to activate at the best of times.
    I tried some mmo`s,moba`s,rts games it was just terrible.
    Bizzarely it worked excellently with fps games, seriously accurate.
    Bizzare in the senc ethat its marketed as an mmo/rts mouse yet it worked great for fps games.
    Its smaller brother the M60 is targeted at the fps crowd and i can see why but for other genres i can now agree with those that say its sucks.
    I gave it 3-4 hours game time and it was just painful, ive since RMA ed it and would definitely avoid.

Im not sure if ill bother with a new mouse now, my trusty MX518 is still going strong and is just so comfortable :)

Safe to say the Corsair entries into "gaming" mice and keyboards, is muck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I find the mouse side buttons to be a bit crap on most mice. Very hard to circle strafe and select the buttons you want because of gripping issues.
    Always thought more buttons should be available for your 3 inner fingers -leaving your pinkie and thumb for grip.

Advertisement