Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMO mouse suggestions?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

Dcully wrote: »
    Every button with the exception of your usual mouse 1 and 2 were just terribly awkward to use and took more than one click to activate at the best of times.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly upon seeing it, looked awkward, prefer the naga where there is a straight forward and simple layout to the buttons
    I find the mouse side buttons to be a bit crap on most mice. Very hard to circle strafe and select the buttons you want because of gripping issues.
    Always thought more buttons should be available for your 3 inner fingers -leaving your pinkie and thumb for grip.

I actually love my naga for the fact that it lets me use less keyboard keybinds and more mouse keybinds which I find makes strafing easier. The mouse isnt heavy or anything so its fairly simple to move in order to strafe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

My Naga Razer died on me first time I've had that happen. I also could never get on with the side buttons. I have huge hands though!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I find the mouse side buttons to be a bit crap on most mice. Very hard to circle strafe and select the buttons you want because of gripping issues.
    Always thought more buttons should be available for your 3 inner fingers -leaving your pinkie and thumb for grip.

Well I'd never consider side buttons for actual important use

On my mouse (Razer Copperhead) I've got two side buttons on the right and two on the left

The two on the right control sensitivity
    One on the left is my push to talk
    The other opens a new tab in Chrome

The Naga is probably the first mouse I'd actually consider using side buttons for core/important game mechanics

Every other side buttons are just for some utility

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

TheDoc wrote: »
    Well I'd never consider side buttons for actual important use

This tends to vary from person to person.

I like to have my main attacks on my naga, leaves my left hand free for movement and popping CDS.

That said I know other people who prefer keeping their main abilities where they were pre naga and use their naga more for convenient than practical binds.

For me it was like a duck to water, I took to it straight away, within a day I knew my binds inside out and was very comfortable with them.

As someone said they have big hands that made it difficult, possibly why I like it so much as my hands aren't big at all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I don't see it mentioned here, but I'll just throw this in there, I have the Logitech G700 and get great use out of it for SWTOR and FPS games. Pretty comfortable in the lámh, wired and wireless if you need that sorta thing (mine's permanently plugged in).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Bobzer77

Shiminay wrote: »
    I don't see it mentioned here, but I'll just throw this in there, I have the Logitech G700 and get great use out of it for SWTOR and FPS games. Pretty comfortable in the lámh, wired and wireless if you need that sorta thing (mine's permanently plugged in).

Yeah that's a great mouse, took me a while to stop hitting the wrong side buttons though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭jamiemc

We give away Razer NAGA Mice for a lot of our MMO games, we've found them to be the best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭KilOit

I gave away a Naga too, hated the damn thing, felt horrible and clunky, gave it a good month to get used to it and never did.
    Long live G5!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I play with my cintiq 12wx

took a while to get use to.

Ah no but really.. i do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Not much into M.M.O but got to recommend the Mionix Naos 5000 had it for a year and man is it a great mouse weird at first but well worth it. Can be customizable and can be made heavier or lighter with the included weights best mouse for its price. Oh and yes got to admit the G5 was a milestone on the mouse world I lost mine when moving house was freaking too :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement