Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

App layout

• 09-05-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Homescreen layout 15 votes

Folders
    0% 0 votes
    No folders
    73% 11 votes
    Mixed
    26% 4 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Mixed.

I do use folders, but not for everything. I have all my games in folders and news/radio apps, etc. However, I keep all my frequently used apps lose on the first two pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I don't have a huge amount of apps. If I download something and find I don't use it, I will delete it after a few days/weeks. For all the crappy apps that i'd rarely use, i've them in a folder on the 3rd page. All other apps are lose and easy to get to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Mixed here aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mixed.

I do use folders, but not for everything. I have all my games in folders and news/radio apps, etc. However, I keep all my frequently used apps lose on the first two pages.
    This for me also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Mixed aswell. Most of my apps are not in a folder. Just stock apps I don't use and kids games aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭ablelocks

folders on my iphone, one screen only using this method courtesy of lifehacker.

I had started with the same structure on the ipad, but am going to let them all out one of these days. And group them on different screens. App icons look better on the ipad screen than folders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

When i had an iPhone my first screen was mostly icons of recently used apps with two folders of less frequently used apps. My second screen was even less frequently used apps. Worked well for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I keep my most freqeuntly used apps on the first page, then the rest in folders on the second page. I use this method for both iPhone and iPad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

I use a mixture of icons, folders and pages,

icons for regular use, folders for grouping and dedicated pages for the likes of games or office type apps. Add to this a bit of jailbreaking ad I end up with this:
    First page -

photo1m.png

and second page -
    photo2v.png

Advertisement