Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Crisis - Please Help

• 09-05-2012 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi, Im just looking for a little advice on what to do here..

Im just after getting my hair done tonight by an apprentice in a hairdressers. I was told before she started that in case anything went wrong the teacher was there to rectify it. I have long brown hair with lots of tones going through it and it was in great condition.

I said id like to keep the tones going through it but just to top it all up at the roots as my own natural dark brown was coming through. She said she'd do chunks of colour and a surround colour; so some dark blonde and brown streaks. The girl started working away and when she was finished I noticed that the chunks only went half way down my hair so it looked like i was wearing a wig over my own hair and that the blonde bits she'd done were bleach blonde at the root and faded to nothing about an inch down.

The condition is also ruined.. I cant even run my fingers through it and its impossible to brush and even the girl struggled to get the brush through it to blow dry it.

When she's finished I said the condition was very bad and some of its ruined.. she said ah no, its fine.... so i said it to the teacher, who also said the same. I then brought up the fact that the colour only went half way down my hair and she didnt bother colouring the mid lengths and ends and that there is also a bleach blonde streak in my fringe. I felt pressured and they said everything was fine and that if my hair hasnt fallen out by now it probably wont; so i paid and left.

Ive been crying my eyes out since i got home and inspected it fully. I look like a stripey badger and dont know if i should complain or how to go about it??
    Please, just genuine advice, as i know some will think i just should have gone to a more experienced stylist to begin with.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

What a disaster..you poor thing. Did you go to a hairdressing school or was it just an apprentice in a regular salon? You really need to go back into them and not leave until you get what you want. If it was me.. I'd try for money back and then go to another salon. I don't think I'd be happy to let them near my hair again. At the very least, they should have a more senior stylist redo it. You need to stand your ground and don't let them intimidate you. Maybe bring someone with you - a friend or your mother - who will back you up.

The condition will come back into it eventually but they probably can't 'fix' it now. When you get the colour sorted, you could try some hair treatments - coconut oil is great - to restore it.

Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭yellowcrayon

Thanks for your advice. It was an apprentice in a regular salon; a really well known one in cork that has a good reputation so i thought id be fine and has always had apprentices do my colour and it was brilliant.

I rang them first thing this morning on my break at work and said that I wasnt happy. I asked to speak to a manager and the girl that answered the phone pretended to be a manager until i told her my problem, then she went and got one of the stylists.

I told the stylist what had happened and ended up crying on the phone. She said to come in tonight and they'll do something about it.

I really dont want any of them doing anything to my hair, as im afraid the bits they decided to bleach will fall out if any more hair dye is applied to them as they are very brittle and dry at the moment.

But I was talking to a friend in work today that used to be a hairdresser and he said that you usually have to let them try and rectify the situation themselves so that they can have a chance to fix it.

Because at this stage im thinking that any more hair dye on it will damage it beyond repair, no matter who does it. So my friend recommended cutting my hair up to get rid of the broken parts and give it a chance to grow again.

Just not sure what to do as my hair is just above the small of my back and has always been my pride and joy, so im very hesitant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

How did you get on when you went in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭yellowcrayon

In fairness to them they made sure the girl that I always use in there was there to do my hair for me, because there was no way anyone else was getting near my hair.

So she gave me a complimentary cut and treatment and was very good to me.
    They had to dye my hair really dark brown because they couldnt put the colour I was over what had been done because they said my hair could snap off.

The girl that made the mistake with my hair initially was there too but she ignored me which I didnt like, but Im just glad that its fixed.

:)

Advertisement