Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free online storage

Options
  • 09-05-2012 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

I have a 97MB winrar file that I would like to store online. Anybody offering this service free? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

Formation wrote: »
    I have a 97MB winrar file that I would like to store online. Anybody offering this service free? Thanks.

Dropbox, Microsoft Sky, Google Drive etc all offer about 5GB for free. MS Sky is accessible to users with an MSN/Hotmail login and Drive is accessible/sharable to people with a Google Account. Dropbox is available to anyone - they can create an account (well applies to Sky and Drive too).

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Google Drive

Google Cloud Storage offers a free trial quota until June 30, 2012. This quota is only applicable to your first project that uses Google Cloud Storage and gives you free usage of resources within that project, up to:

5 GB of storage
    25 GB of download data (20 GB to Americas and EMEA*; 5 GB to Asia-Pacific)
    25 GB of upload data (20 GB to Americas and EMEA*; 5 GB to Asia-Pacific)
    30,000 GET, HEAD requests
    3,000 PUT, POST, GET bucket**, GET service** requests
    The free quota will be reflected on your invoice at the end of the billing period. All usage above the trial quota will be charged at our standard rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RedFly

We use both GDrive and Dropbox.

Dropbox is easier to use, free, integrates with pretty much every mobile phone app and is more mature.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pingpipe

Check the terms of service of whichever service you choose, Google Drive apparently says in theirs that by using their service you grant Google a license to use your data in pretty much any way they want.

Advertisement