Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Celbridge

Options
  • 09-05-2012 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All, I am thinking about buying a house in Celbridge. I've been to a few viewings in different parts of the town and have had mixed feelings on them. Can anyone tell me what The Grove is like? Houses seem nice but what's the general area like? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

you should post under - region - kildare you may get a better response

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

I grew up in the grove! It's a lovely settled estate, loads of mature planting etc .. and on a nicer, quieter side of the village than castletown imo ... its much more built up on that side and more densely populated.

There are about 4 styles of houses in the grove, the earlier ones built in the early 80s, the rest in the 90s towards the back. Few nice green areas too ... keep an eye out for the older houses on the right as you drive in, their gardens are generally larger and also south facing :)

I don't live there anymore, but my family do, and afaik there are no issues with gangs of kids etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 icecurve

Thanks edellc, I will repost there too. @MrsWhippy, the road from the village to the estate (and the estate itself) is pretty dark late in the evening, doesn't seem to be much in the way of street lights along there. Would it be safe to walk from the village to the grove at night alone? And actually, how long is the walk to the village? Where is the closest bus stop to the estate? Sorry for all the q's!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

icecurve wrote: »
    Thanks edellc, I will repost there too. @MrsWhippy, the road from the village to the estate (and the estate itself) is pretty dark late in the evening, doesn't seem to be much in the way of street lights along there. Would it be safe to walk from the village to the grove at night alone? And actually, how long is the walk to the village? Where is the closest bus stop to the estate? Sorry for all the q's!

Absolutely! There is either the road, or you can cut up through the green to the left of it. I have never had any hesitation or issues walking home late at night.

The closest bus stop is right beside the pub before the bridge - Abbey Lodge (McNamees), and the village is only about a 5 or 6 min walk depending on how deep in the estate you are ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 icecurve

Thanks for the info mrsWhippy :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement