Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

did your birth weight reflect your overall growth and adult size?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Out Of The Night

I was around 9lb when I was born. I was a chubby baby. I remember my mam referring to me as 'a great feeder'!:D. I am now about 5'3 or 4 and around 8stne 5lbs. So my birth weight had no bearing on my current size. My brother was 12lb and there's not a pick on him!

MAMMY GIVE MEEEE SAUSAGESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

1 kilo with an estimated street value of half a million.

I was around 9lb when I was born. I was a chubby baby. I remember my mam referring to me as 'a great feeder'!:D. I am now about 5'3 or 4 and around 8stne 5lbs. So my birth weight had no bearing on my current size. My brother was 12lb and there's not a pick on him!

MAMMY GIVE MEEEE SAUSAGESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Reminded me of my lil bro who was a very chubby toddler sitting in his highchair at breakfast shouting "GIMME LAMMI!" (Salami - leaving this open to god knows what kind of abuse!).

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

I was 10lbs 4, my younger brother was 10lbs 9 !

We are both in our 20s and not a pick on either of us.

Poor poor mother. I'd say it was like a car crash outside a butchers down there after she was done having us !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

9lbs 2oz. I'm now 5'9 and thin. So no.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

Don't all babies look the same? :pac:

has anyone actually said 'ohhh what an ugly baby'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Very tempted sometimes

Behind the mother's back, nearly every single time!

I don't get the whole "babies are cute" thing. They're not. Lambs are cute, kittens are cute, puppies are cute, babies are things you raise for three years before you get any sense out of them, then they start to become cute. And little people. I don't want to be responsible for a little people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I was nearly 10 lbs and really chunky!:D
    I'm nearly 6' now which is good considering both my mom and dad are 5'6.

• Advertisement

1ZRed wrote: »

Lucky. My parents are both average height but I am and always was a shortarse.

budgese wrote: »

Lucky. My parents are both average height but I am and always was a shortarse.

It may be luck or just mean I'm the milkman's son:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

I was a big baby.....and some people say I still am.

How tall was the milkman?

budgese wrote: »

How tall was the milkman?

6'. It's just coincidence though right? RIGHT?!

6'. It's just coincidence though right? RIGHT?!

I dunno, there seems to be a lot of tall guys around your age in that neighbourhood?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

I was 3 weeks premature and weighed in at impressive 5lbs I'm now 6'1 and a little over 16 stone . I just can't get passed that coming premature bit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Think so, my ma did ask the nurse if i looked ok to her,

then as i started getting older i was "lovingly" refered to as "the drip that never dropped"

6ft 2 now and 10 1/2 stone so still thin and lanky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Prematurely born by nearly a month, underweight at just 5lbs. My parents were scared to hold me because they said I looked so fragile, I was in an incubator for some time as a result anyway.

I'm a towering 5"2 now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

I don't think it has much bearing on what size you'll end up. I was a small sickly baby, I think about 7 pounds. Now 6 foot and 14 stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I was about 6 lbs with long legs. Average height now 5'6 and long legs :D

• Advertisement

I dunno what I weighed as a baby. :-/

me neither, i've never cared to ask :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I think I was a normal enough sized baby, and I'm 6' and around 13st now. I did have some breathing problem when I was born (turned blue apparently), so I was put in an incubator beside all the premature babies, and as such am a giant baby in everyone's memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I've ended up being pulled into a lot of conversations about babies weight, someone says oh and the baby was 9 pounds can you believe that!
    And I just stand there and nod and think wow yeah isn't that about right.

But then again if I have my own baby I'm sure I will care a bit more about the difference between a 6 and 9 pound baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i was 9lb 10ounces (the heaviest of all of my parent's kids)

im now 34 years old 5' 7" slightly overweight about 13 stone but not really fat (i have a bit of a gut but part of that is down to being bloated alot due to having IBS the other part would me not exercising enough though i do walk daily)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I was 10lb 4oz and am now 5'6" and about 9.5 stone, so about average for a woman. The smallest of my brothers was about 6lb and he's a strapping 6'5".

One of my uncles was 14lb when he was born, something I think contributed to the fact that his mother ended her days bedridden. He's not quite the shortest of his brothers, but is very fat, although the men in my family run that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

A monster baby at almost 11lbs, a monster child and would be a monster adult if vanity didn't prevent it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I was in an incubator because was such a low birth weight. Was always tiny and I stopped growing at 5 foot 1. But my Mam is my height and had the same figure... so I dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

It might have had a bearing on it but don't think it reflected me completely what adult size I am I think adolescence had a bigger role to play in that. Though in terms of my features ya I say my birth size and weight may have had a bearing on it but then again its from when you are a baby to teenage years, DNA/genes, sleep and nutrition have a huge bearing on it.

I was small enough at 4 lbs but turned out grand like petite, 4 ft10-4 ft 11 adult without shoes with shoes be 5 ft or more, yes but think it was more to do with adolescence than anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Yea I've always been a puddin was 9lbs 6 born. Some babies are really ugly but a lot grow up beautiful. I know everyone thinks their own babies are the most beautiful but I have to say my son was the most beautiful baby I've ever seen:D Didn't get it from his parents anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Bullchomper

I was 8 pounds when I was born and I'm 5" 2.5. I think feck the weight you were born, it's all in genetics, my mother is exactly the same height. My bones are quite tiny and so are hers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement