Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card payment protector

Options
  • 09-05-2012 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

i have just figured out recently that i have been paying this protector. i have a card for years and lately ive been slow at paying it back. all of a sudden i have this Protector that i have to pay for it. it 1 euro for every 100 euro debt..... If im in debt, surely the insurance policy (protector) should be helping paying off the debt rather than add to it by charging me?????

Maybe i should just cancel it.... I heard some of the irish banks offered refunds for this protector... Why??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Not nessecarily..it would really depend on what it covers, what circumstances it covers you for etc. you would need the original documentation to find out. It doesn't just "kick in" - there protection plans are insurance policies, so like any insurance policy you have to make a claim.

Re: refunds, perhaps you are thinking of the UK.

Advertisement