Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Software

Options
  • 09-05-2012 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question.

What software would be used to create a video such as the following? And is there a name to such a piece?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Nice little clip there.

Its not Windows Movie Maker or Pinnacle anyway .... i'd be guessing that alot of the graphics are done in Adobe Flash and then put together in Adobe Premiere. It could be done with other applications but at a guess its done with those two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Thanks Cork Skate.

I've seen similar clips in the past (text and graphics based video) and just wondering is there a specific name on them. Infomercial maybe?? Like I mean when if you were going to get one produced, what would you ask for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Often referred to as Kinetic Tyopograpy. I'd say that'd be made in either Motion or After Effects (as a disclaimer, I only watched about 10s — could also be Final Cut Pro if there's live video in it too.)

Thanks Feathers.
    Great to get a name for it.

Anybody got a good estimate as to how much a 45 second video using similar effects would cost to be produced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

No prob! As far as I know, this stuff is in the line of work for animators — you could try cross-posting in the Animation forum & you might get a more accurate quote?? (Not sure if that's a forum for watching or making by the way, just have seen the title! :))

But these things would normally be charged by the second alright, as far as I know. Know a few people who used to do it, but don't think they're freelancing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Pj! wrote: »
    Anybody got a good estimate as to how much a 45 second video using similar effects would cost to be produced?

€1-5k would be a ball park estimate depending how much work you can do yourself (scripting, providing animation etc). You could easily pay as much as €10-30k if you need longer video, have the script written for you, multiple voiceover artists, etc.

Advertisement