Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook comments on Wordpress site

Options
  • 09-05-2012 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I am trying to implement the Facebook comments via Facebook's own Social Plugin from their Dev centre. I've got it all working etc, and I've located it in place of where the actual Wordpress comments box was originally located. However, when someone writes a comment, its stored into the box and subscequently appears at the foot of every full story, as opposed to just the one they commented on.

Have I mis-configured this or is there a way that you can comment on lots of articles and the comment is kept there?

Advice / help much appreciated.

Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I would use Javascript to set the box to '' blank onSubmit()

Or reset() the form on page load or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭fcrossen

That's what the FB Social plugin is supposed to do.

You need to look for another solution for your particular case. There might be a plugin that'll do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭paulgrogan.eu

fcrossen wrote: »
    That's what the FB Social plugin is supposed to do.

You need to look for another solution for your particular case. There might be a plugin that'll do it for you.

Hi Fcrossen,

Thats what I suspected, bust just wanted to check as a 'just in case'.

Having given it some further thought, I think it will be better to just run with the normal Wordpress comment system as its better integrated overall.

Many thanks for your help.

Paul

Advertisement