Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horn of Joramun (*Spoilertastic*)

• 10-05-2012 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I think towards the end of A Dance With Dragons Tormund says that the Horn that Mance found was simply an ordinary horn. Do you think he's bluffing or is the horn still out there?
    If it is, could it be the horn the Euron brought back from Asshai? I think it seems likely, it just hasn't worked because perhaps it has to be sounded closer to the wall. I imagine that this could become an important plot development in future.

*Nevermind the Euron bit, I just looked back at it, the horn is called Dragonbinder so I'd say that's debunked.*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm almost certain that Sam has it. The most powerful of objects being the most plain looking is a fairly well worn trope of the fantasy genre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Totally agree with the above, I always thought the horn was the broken dragonglass one that Jon found, and gave to Sam.

Which is now in the hands of some sailors isn't it? Cause Sam had to hand over all this belongings to pay for the boat to Oldtown.

I think Jon mentioned too, that the horn was beyond repair and might only be good for a horn of ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Ambient Occlusion

He sold everything but the horn and the clothes on his back I recall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Are you sure your not getting confused with the horn that Gilly gave him :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

I thought he saved aemons chain but sold the horn he sold his sword anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement