Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new maps and game modes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

2v2 Playlist sound's quite interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Starting to not feel too bad for wasting spending that extra 50 quid on elite!

Nah I'm still glad I didn't waste my monay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Good news: 2 free maps for non elite members on xbox live due on the 15th may.
    Bad news: maps are restricted to 1v1 or 2v2 in a single playlist, called face off mode.

I can't really see the point in this game mode, it just sounds like the designers had maps, campaign or spec op levels already made that couldn't incorporate 12 players successfully but decided to release them anyway in a separate playlist. Releasing them for free has my spidey senses tingling. To me it suggests that they have no clue how to deal with the poor spawn system and haven't bothered attempting to rectify it, instead restricting it to 4 players max.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

Can't get sound on the video for some reason on my phone,

So are we getting new multiplayer maps or are they just new 1v1 maps?

I never play 1v1 or spec ops so I cant see this being much benefit to me although ya cant argue with free.

Are these the maps that the elite members already got?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

2v2 playlist will be great, ez win streaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

1V1? booster heaven, although trolling people wanting to boost is fcuking great craic so this will be a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Meat

Correct if I'm wrong:

3 new multiplayer maps.
    4 new maps specifically for Face-Off, a new gamemode designed for either 1v1 or 2v2 - I assume TDM, KC and Domination.
    2 of the new maps for Face-Off will be free and available to Xbox users on May 15th.
    The rest you'll have the pay for as per usual unless you're an elite subscriber.

I'm looking forward to 2v2 games, although, yeah, boosting may be a problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

For anyone with a hard-on for these 1V1 or 2V2 game modes, trust me...you'll be bored after 20 minutes. Back in the old COD cage matches, it was camper heaven...who the hell is going to be running around in a more intimate match? They're going to be gunning to win and if they're losing, they'll leave...simple as that. People have a very short memory when it comes to these things....hmm.

The spawn system is broken and has been for a long time. I can't understand why certain maps would only be playable in specific game modes? It doesn't make any sense unless of course it was a fault of the developers i.e - can't code the spawns.

Nevertheless, I though we were getting 4 new multiplayer maps this month (May)? 3 maps don't seem to be playable in the normal modes? WTF is this shiiit? Never underestimate Activision/IW ability to rip us off...There will be hell to pay.

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    For anyone with a hard-on for these 1V1 or 2V2 game modes, trust me...you'll be bored after 20 minutes. Back in the old COD cage matches, it was camper heaven...who the hell is going to be running around in a more intimate match? They're going to be gunning to win and if they're losing, they'll leave...simple as that. People have a very short memory when it comes to these things....hmm.

The spawn system is broken and has been for a long time. I can't understand why certain maps would only be playable in specific game modes? It doesn't make any sense unless of course it was a fault of the developers i.e - can't code the spawns.

Nevertheless, I though we were getting 4 new multiplayer maps this month (May)? 3 maps don't seem to be playable in the normal modes? WTF is this shiiit? Never underestimate Activision/IW ability to rip us off...There will be hell to pay.
    Cage match on cod4 was very good. 2v2s are also very good depending on the game modes.

Regarding the bold: It may be unusual for cod games but for many others its standard practice. Its a lot easier to make a map amazing for 1 mode than average for 8.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Cage match on cod4 was very good. 2v2s are also very good depending on the game modes.

Regarding the bold: It may be unusual for cod games but for many others its standard practice. Its a lot easier to make a map amazing for 1 mode than average for 8.

I'm not saying a small amount of people didn't enjoy cage match from time to time, but it certainly wasn't near popular enough to warrant being put into the next games...I feel robbed that I've been told I was getting 4 new maps and now it seems I won't, I suspect a lot of people will feel the same.

I do remember playing the 1v1 cage match in COD4 and enjoyed it. Only problem was the occasional person leaving when they were losing.

I'm not saying a small amount of people didn't enjoy cage match from time to time, but it certainly wasn't near popular enough to warrant being put into the next games...I feel robbed that I've been told I was getting 4 new maps and now it seems I won't, I suspect a lot of people will feel the same.

Sorry I'm looking at this from a non-elite member POV, its good for us not so much for elite people :P

2v2 Is hopefully going to be really good.

Hopefully no killstreaks/perks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Meat wrote: »
    I do remember playing the 1v1 cage match in COD4 and enjoyed it. Only problem was the occasional person leaving when they were losing.

MW2 cage matches always ended with the other person rage quitting because
    a) you out played them and they act like a 4 year old
    b) you would not boost with them

Now I do not play play MW3 much any more, but the school yard mentality of rage quitting is still alive and kicking in the CoD player base. I do not see how this new playlist will work when I expect the other team to wuss out once there is 10 kill lead.

CORaven wrote: »
    MW2 cage matches always ended with the other person rage quitting because
    a) you out played them and they act like a 4 year old
    b) you would not boost with them

Now I do not play play MW3 much any more, but the school yard mentality of rage quitting is still alive and kicking in the CoD player base. I do not see how this new playlist will work when I expect the other team to wuss out once there is 10 kill lead.

Yup. Cage matches are just that type of gamemode where you completely lose interest after 20 minutes...I don't see much talk about this, nothing to see here, move along...

Forget the 10 kill lead, they'll leave if you have a two kill lead and there's a couple of seconds on the clock. Other than that and they'll get a kill or two on you and then go into hiding...

People just don't play cage matches the way they're meant to be played and for that reason, it's so open to abuse. These maps will mean absolutely NOTHING after the first week if they're not open to the regular lobbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

Was anybody able to get these yesterday?

I couldnt find the option to download anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

yep, i downloaded them last night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Likewise, I go into multiplayer of MW3, click into store, back out of store. Should have the new icon beside it, click into store again and have option to download new content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

ahh the good ole days of 1v1 on Rainbow 6 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Likewise, I go into multiplayer of MW3, click into store, back out of store. Should have the new icon beside it, click into store again and have option to download new content.
    same here so much for"free to all xbox live customers"on the 15th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

From the MW3 site
    "Modern Warfare 3 Collection 2 will be available to premium ELITE members on the Xbox May 15th. It’ll be available for everyone on Xbox to purchase a week later on May 22nd. Two of the Face Off maps – Aground and Erosion – will be available for free to everyone on Xbox Live May 16th"

http://www.imodernwarfare3.com/modern-warfare-3-collection-2-brings-7-new-maps-2-spec-ops-and-face-off-mode/

delw wrote: »
    From the MW3 site
    "Modern Warfare 3 Collection 2 will be available to premium ELITE members on the Xbox May 15th. It’ll be available for everyone on Xbox to purchase a week later on May 22nd. Two of the Face Off maps – Aground and Erosion – will be available for free to everyone on Xbox Live May 16th"

http://www.imodernwarfare3.com/modern-warfare-3-collection-2-brings-7-new-maps-2-spec-ops-and-face-off-mode/
    this is the 16th,still nothing

sp_1012_08_v6.jpg?width=480

Yep, got them all yesterday - should keep ppl entertained for the next 10 minutes at least.

Honestly though, with all the crap thats in this game, they'd want to be releasing 5 new maps every week to redeem themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

The maps arent as small as i thought especially in the 1v1 althought it didnt help the fact that the other guy had camper class and baby monitor aswell

Right,went to play 2v2,download maps,pending,pending,went to dashboard says already downloaded,sound,went to play it and have to download it,gone threw this 3 times,so before i thrash room and kick xbox down the poxy road did this happen to anyone else,cheers guys:mad:

diceyd wrote: »
    Right,went to play 2v2,download maps,pending,pending,went to dashboard says already downloaded,sound,went to play it and have to download it,gone threw this 3 times,so before i thrash room and kick xbox down the poxy road did this happen to anyone else,cheers guys:mad:

Go to the dashboard. Home, view download history, redownload.
    That should fix it.

cheers mate

• Advertisement

That new map, Lookout is totally broken.

Everyone seems to have figured out that if you position yourself on top of the hill, you not only can look out across the whole map..but you can also rain down on the spawn area to the left right under the hill. As soon as you respawn now, you are killed instantly...they need to fix this ASAP. Everyone is just camping on top of the hill.

Do you ever say something good about the game? :pac:

Do you ever say something good about the game? :pac:

I'll give credit where credit is due.

I'm still waiting....

It is such a pity the xbox lacks a great selection of alternative games to play and possibly praise... Oh wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

So I downloaded the new free maps but I go to the elite playlist where they are but it says I don't have the map pack. Really annoying.

It's in the community playlist

• Advertisement

CORaven wrote: »
    It is such a pity the xbox lacks a great selection of alternative games to play and possibly praise... Oh wait.

I've been playing COD for 11 years.

I just want it to be made for us and not the little impressionable kiddies. Of course, I know this will never happen..but goddamn it, it won't stop the rest of us from b!tching about it.

Played it yesterday, six 1v1 matches in a row. First four matches ended in default because the other player left when I the winning margin became too big. They all seemed to be quite new to the game, like, when I checked the lobby leaderboard they rarely clocked up any TDM/KC gameplay.

2v2 was a lot better, a lot less forfeiting.

1v1 should definitely be scrapped, not because people drop-out, but as someone said above it's booster heaven.

I found both game mode's to be piss really,13-0 in 1V1 and about 15-0 in 2v2

Pretty obvious it's not the gamemodes, it's the opposition.

I just want it to be made for us and not the little impressionable kiddies. Of course, I know this will never happen..but goddamn it, it won't stop the rest of us from b!tching about it.

No you weren't because CoD's been out for only 9 years come October. Let's not pretend that you've been playing the game before the game was ever developed to make you sound more auspicious.

• Advertisement

Cod 1 came out in 03...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

yimrsg wrote: »
    No you weren't because CoD's been out for only 9 years come October. Let's not pretend that you've been playing the game before the game was ever developed to make you sound more auspicious.

He's clearly a hipster having played it before it even came out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

In fairness to him, most days I believe I've been playing CoD for what feels like 20 years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I had to look up "auspicious" in the dictionary

Cod 1 came out in 03...
    He's clearly a hipster having played it before it even came out.

Perhaps you could have read between the lines? Regardless I was thinking of Infinity Ward going all the way back to their Medal Of Honor days. I had the original COD on PC in 2003...great times. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Sorry to bump this, but I've just downloaded Collection 1 for the PS3 to get a few new maps. When I go into multiplayer, then store, then download the content, then after that when I go back to play the game it says 'original maps only, download all content you are entitled to in order to play DLC maps'.

Anyone have any idea what to do? I've downloaded it about 3/4 times now, all with the same results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

are you downloading the correct map pack? You have to download the one with the same serial number on the disc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I was indeed. Didn't have the face-off maps downloaded so couldn't use them till got them. All done now at last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

word on the webs is that they are adding Terminal as a free dlc to Mw3..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

As per the title all my DLC content is gone

I've cleared the cache and redownloaded the contents but still have no access to elite playlist or maps

Anyone else with this issue?

Also, when in elite playlist matchmaking it tells me map is missing or damaged, redownloaded and still nothin

?????

EDIT: it's fine now, deleted content from hard drive and re-installed it

• Advertisement
Advertisement