Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad - is 16GB enough?

• 10-05-2012 12:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to get an ipad. I was going to get the 16GB 3G version and I am wondering will the 16gb be enough?

I am also getting the S3 once its released and that comes with 50GB of dropbox storage which I can also use on the iPad?

Will that be enough? I dont really want to spend the extra €100 for the extra memory but at the same time I dont want to find that its no good to me without the extra storage!

If it makes a difference, I currently have a Xperia Arc S with low internal memory and an 8gb memory card and I an just about able to cope with it, but I wont have all of my photos and music on my ipad, they are all on my phone and laptop and will be on the dropbox incase I need them for some reason.

The only thing that I will really have on it is a few apps and I will have about 3-4 movies on it at most at the one time, taking up about 6gb of space for the movies.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Id go with the 32gb iPad everytime, its up to you though. Bare in mind that you'll prob only have in the region of 14gb of space anyhow with the OS taking up a bit of memory.

Also, im not sure an android dropbox app will work with an ios device?
    im open to correction here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I have a 16 GB iPad and its fine for me , the only thing i store on it is apps and video with about 100 songs, That leave me plenty of room for my movies and tv shows.

I also use Dropbox and Box for cloud storage as i've got about 60GB between the two.

When you get the S3 you will able to use the 50GB of Dropbox storage as long as you log in using the same account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Decided to get the 32GB, won't like paying the extra €100 but I will be very happy when the day comes that I use over 16GB :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,871 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got a free 16gb ipad 2 from work in october. So 16Gb is fine for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Complete and utter waste of money. Get a decent laptop instead. iPad tends to BR limited, laptop you can do countless amount of things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Complete and utter waste of money. Get a decent laptop instead. iPad tends to BR limited, laptop you can do countless amount of things!

Im not sure what "BR" is, I only bought a new laptop 3 months ago.

Advertisement