Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

temporary closure

Options
  • 10-05-2012 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭

could do with taking an enforced break for a couple of weeks till college is over, trying to cut down on distractions
    had be thinking of putting in a long random jumble password and giving it to a friend but they will probably loose it!

had a look and couldnt find anything on reopening a closed account;
    so if i close the account the password is scrambled... is there anyway to reopen it...
    as this thread suggests can i just email hello at boards.ie or is it permanently shut?

would rather return as overshoot than re reg... which is also frowned on... or is it just frown on for escaping bans?

just wanted to check before my 2 week holiday! cheers lads
    overshoot

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Temp bans aren't performed anymore for requests like these, and haven't been for some time.

If you close the account, it's gone permanently.

If you do close the account, you are allowed re-reg so long as it's not an attempt to evade bans. You'll be back to square one, so no sig, no post history, no friend list, no private forum access, no soccer access etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

cheers, yea sorry was going to say checked the charter and knew ya wouldnt close it, didnt know where else to ask on the reopening part is all.

may chance a long random jumble then and giving it to a friend.
    thanks spear

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement