Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options for new combined UPC modem/router?

• 10-05-2012 1:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

My current modem is 7 years old, i got it direct from UPC & then added my own seperate router about 3 years ago.

The router & modem work perfectly fine except that now i need to move the modem & router to a new location in my house & in that particular area theres already a few things plugged in.

My question is; is there a combined modem & router for UPC broadband that will allow me to use one device instead of two seperate ones?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

barryd09 wrote: »
    My current modem is 7 years old, i got it direct from UPC & then added my own seperate router about 3 years ago.

The router & modem work perfectly fine except that now i need to move the modem & router to a new location in my house & in that particular area theres already a few things plugged in.

My question is; is there a combined modem & router for UPC broadband that will allow me to use one device instead of two seperate ones?
    Yep, once you sign up to the 25/50/100mb packages they assign you with the Cisco EPC2425 or CiscoEPC3925 which is a Modem/router in one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

mark17j wrote: »
    Yep, once you sign up to the 25/50/100mb packages they assign you with the Cisco EPC2425 or CiscoEPC3925 which is a Modem/router in one.

Which would be grand, but they're shockingly bad. You'll want to still bridge(via DMZ) if you get one of them, especially the 39 as its antenna is pathetic.

Advertisement