Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Were you an odd teenager?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

but I never let her play with my balls.
    It wasn't very nice to prevent your sister playing with your balls op. Very selfish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

• Not me, but my brother when he was 16 or so would constantly wear a towel around his neck like a scarf. No matter where he went, or whatever the weather, he took his towel with him. He kept this up for about a year.

So, over to you folks. Were you a bit of a weirdo as a teenager? Did you have any strange hobbies or things you would do? Any odd things you did in secret? Tell us your stories.

This man has read the Hitckhikers guide and he has earned great respect with his towel stunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I went through a stage for about a year where I had to constantly keep my hair wet.

I had this little spray bottle (probably designed for watering house plants) and used to carry it everywhere just spraying my hair every now and then to maintain a certain point of dampness.

Never caught a cold though so in my madness I disproved an old wives tale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

I was a very odd teenager. But I would have to open a shade account to regale you with most of my antics.

I have a feeling though that most people have got up to various odd things which they don't tell anyone about. Imagine how boring a person you would be if you never thought or did anything strange and you actually were the person you appear to be in public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Yeah I agree totally. Well said,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

danniemcq wrote: »
    was your brother a fan of Douglas Adams book Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy?

Always carry a towel with you:
    Shryke wrote: »
    This man has read the Hitckhikers guide and he has earned great respect with his towel stunt.

Now that I think about it, yeah he was a huge fan of the book/series. I just looked it up there. This also explains why he'd write "Don't panic" around the place. Well that's one mystery solved, thanks :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I drank, took drugs and got laid. Like most teenagers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

I never drank....18 now and still don't :)

Thats not odd, I first got drunk at the age of 13. Now thats odd. :(

Domo230 wrote: »
    None of that describes my teenage years :(

Il have a wild guess at your teenage years.

Ok, star trek, Maths problems, poetry? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Yes.

Weren't we all?

Yes.

Weren't we all?

Explain...:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

SteoL wrote: »

Most teenagers? Or teenagers from Skins?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RedFFWolf

Domo230 wrote: »
    None of that describes my teenage years :(
    Il have a wild guess at your teenage years.

Ok, star trek, Maths problems, poetry? :p

A similar argument can be made to say one did do all of those things under the initial description

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Most teenagers? Or teenagers from Skins?

Most teenagers where I grew up/ went to school with did all those things, yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Still am. Only a few months left though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭daysleeper

I had a pony, I used to ride him out on a 7 mile round trip from my house, up the hills and home, and on the way, used to sing him every single Oasis song I knew, and also tell him the background to the song and which single it came from, and which track number. (It was a lot harder to find bootlegs then, we didn't have interwebs!) I'm surprised he never bucked me off and legged it home without me. And in 1996, I knew every song they'd written to date.

Awh! I think I might be ever so slightly in love with you after reading that :o

I'm 20 tomorrow so today's my last day of being a teenager! :( Nothing particularly 'odd' about my teenage years really springs to mind other than maybe the way that I used to love bringing my rabbit for walks around the place on a lead. People I know had serious problems with that but then why do they make leads for rabbits if you're not supposed to bring them for walks? and it helps shorten their nails too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm still an odd teenager :D

- I don't drink
    - At one point, I used to steal all the ketchup packets from the school cafeteria and just hoard them in my bedroom
    - Whenever in a class, the rest of them could be, messing, no teacher, practically rioting, I'd just sit and play some old DS/gameboy
    - I bought the same thing from the same shop every day I was in school, for 2 years without a missing single day. 2 wham bars and a lollipop :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm still an odd teenager :D

- I don't drink
    - At one point, I used to steal all the ketchup packets from the school cafeteria and just hoard them in my bedroom
    - Whenever in a class, the rest of them could be, messing, no teacher, practically rioting, I'd just sit and play some old DS/gameboy
    - I bought the same thing from the same shop every day I was in school, for 2 years without a missing single day. 2 wham bars and a lollipop :cool:

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/the-omen-damien-crosses.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I used to think I was odd, and most people in my year in school thought I was too. Looking back though I think I was the most normal person in that dump :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Advertisement
Advertisement