Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benson and Hedges 23 pack barcodes and price hike

Options
  • 10-05-2012 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

I would like ask people since 23 B&H cigarettes were introduced with a before budget price : did you notice the price has increased to 10 euro and does the barcode on the plastic coating of the cigarette packet differ from the barcode on the actual pack?
    I have just noticed this tonight and I do not know whether that is legal or not.
    Apologies to non smokers. I just can't figure this out.

The barcode on the actual package on B&H 23's differs from the plastic coated barcode. I would just like to make people aware of that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The barcode has nothing to do with the price charged. It is just a means of identifying the product. When the barcode is scanned, the system says "Packet of B&H cigarettes" and then it goes and looks up the price stored by the retailer for the cigarettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

i smoke camel lights and the price has come down to 8.30...lower than the pre budget price...i questioned the shop keeper and he says its nothing got to do with them.its whoever supplies them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I would like ask people since 23 B&H cigarettes were introduced with a before budget price : did you notice the price has increased to 10 euro and does the barcode on the plastic coating of the cigarette packet differ from the barcode on the actual pack?
    I have just noticed this tonight and I do not know whether that is legal or not.
    Apologies to non smokers. I just can't figure this out.

The barcode on the actual package on B&H 23's differs from the plastic coated barcode. I would just like to make people aware of that.

Someone needs to ring Erin Brockovich

Advertisement