Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile : Text messages to Finland not delivered

Options
  • 10-05-2012 6:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi, im trying to send text messages to Finland, but they dont get delivered. Emobile is invoicing though for those? Whats the problem?
    It works fine with all other Irish operators and should be working with Emobile aswell?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

finnteme wrote: »
    Hi, im trying to send text messages to Finland, but they dont get delivered. Emobile is invoicing though for those? Whats the problem?
    It works fine with all other Irish operators and should be working with Emobile aswell?

Hi finnteme,

Can you advise what network you are sending the text messages to and I can check this out for you.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

PM Sent to Emobile Tony

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

PM Sent to Emobile Tony

Hi there,

I am getting this chased up for you at the moment.
    I will respond to your PM shortly.

Tony

Hi, just an update.
    I can receive textmessages from those nr i sent to you via PM, but when im sending textmessage from here, its not delivered.

Hi, just an update.
    I can receive textmessages from those nr i sent to you via PM, but when im sending textmessage from here, its not delivered.

Hi finnteme,

Thanks for the update I am getting this chased up for you at the moment. Once I get a response I will contact you.

Tony

• Advertisement

Hi finnteme,

Thanks for the update I am getting this chased up for you at the moment. Once I get a response I will contact you.

Tony

Hi, any news on this?

Hi, any news on this?

Hi Finntemme,

I have received an update in regard to this. I can advise that we do have an agreement set up with one of the networks that you have sent text messages to. I am waiting on confirmation regarding the second network.

Once I get more information I will advise.

Tony

Hi Finntemme,

I have received an update in regard to this. I can advise that we do have an agreement set up with one of the networks that you have sent text messages to. I am waiting on confirmation regarding the second network.

Once I get more information I will advise.

Tony

Thanks, one of the networks is Sonera, and just heard from my friends that uses Meteor, that they have had similar problems during the years.. messages gets delivered here, but not to them

Thanks, one of the networks is Sonera, and just heard from my friends that uses Meteor, that they have had similar problems during the years.. messages gets delivered here, but not to them

Hi finntemme,

That is correct. I am waiting on confirmation regarding what can be done to improve this. Once I get an update I will let you now.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Maybe if both parties are using smartphones, use an app like whatsapp to send messages?
    I think you should be ok to send texts to DNA as you can use meteor on DNA in Finland

• Advertisement

billbond4 wrote: »
    Maybe if both parties are using smartphones, use an app like whatsapp to send messages?
    I think you should be ok to send texts to DNA as you can use meteor on DNA in Finland

Unfortunatly my recipients dont have smartphones, and for my opinion this problem should not exist.

I have friends using other operators here in Ireland, and they can send text messages to all major operators in Finland: Sonera, Dna, Elisa, Saunalahti

Are Saunalahti a new operator over in Finland?
    Theres plenty of Sauna's in Lahti when i was over there

billbond4 wrote: »
    Are Saunalahti a new operator over in Finland?
    Theres plenty of Sauna's in Lahti when i was over there

:D It has been there several years, but your right its a virtual operator, operating in Elisas network if im remembering correctly

Some usless mobile history from Finland/Suomi
    Saunalahti stared out as a MVNO on Sonora.
    Then swithed to Elisa.
    Then Elisa bought them out, but they are still an MVNO on Elisa

Any updates on this?

Any updates on this?

Still push this, sorry for delay.
    Tony

Advertisement