If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions needed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

My opinion would be this tv will give u sore eyes, we got a 55inch and had to downgrade to 46 after a week, ouch

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

rai555 wrote: »
    Hi lads
    was browsing tellys, and noticed masive 60'' Sharp aquos LC60LE636E FOR £999 :http://www.richersounds.com/product/smart-tvs/sharp/aquos-lc60le636e/shar-lc60le636e

Did anybody has this monster and if so, what is your impressions. Thanking you

Hi Rai,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Is a beast of a screen alrite. Never actually had the space to have 1 on display so never seen it in action. It's been very popular at that price.

As above I'd really think about this size in your room. Really is a complete beast.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Sapele wrote: »
    My opinion would be this tv will give u sore eyes, we got a 55inch and had to downgrade to 46 after a week, ouch

I think it's not the telly issue, more likely something else :D
    i would't be concerned about the size, i would never will downsize unless your cell is small

Some people get surprised about viewing distance, quick info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimum_HDTV_viewing_distance

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

rai555 wrote: »
    I think it's not the telly issue, more likely something else :D
    i would't be concerned about the size, i would never will downsize unless your cell is small

Some people get surprised about viewing distance, quick info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimum_HDTV_viewing_distance

We went by viewing distance charts as well and boy was it a big mistake, 5 in the family and all had sore eyes within a week in a 20 by 10 foot room, 46 inch tv is just perfect, 55" was a distaster, no fun at all, im really suprised when i hear of people sitting 10 or 15 feet (2 were 18 feet in our house) from 55" plus screens, i really dont know how they do it, the difference between the 55 and 46" screens in the living room really is hugh. With the 46" screen we have zero problems with eye strain, really love the samsung d7000 46", superb, would love the 55" even more if i could actually watch it

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.