Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Caught out.... Ouch...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Someone Retweeted that the other day, they were using her whole album, every single photo! And had watermarked all them :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 digitaldolf

A good thing she got caught out. Had some of my work stolen and put on a facebook page. Got facebook to take them down as they didn't respond to my mails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

...She made up names and locations and anecdotes about how much fun she'd had with each "awesome cute couple" she had "worked with,"

I see this a lot on photoblogs about how much 'fun' the photographer had with the ''awesome/amazing/fab'' couple, but this is a whole new level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

That is pretty unbelieveable stuff.

Another question I would have as a non-photographer who has the rights to these pictures?

If it is your wedding can you restrict the wedding photographer using your pictures on his/her website?

With digital it seems privacy is kind of out the window?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

digital or otherwise unless the photographer waives the rights to the photos in their contract then they are the photographer's property along with the copyright to do as pleases them.

I always thought it sounded fair to give people the rights to their own wedding photos, with the proviso of the tog being allowed unlimited reproduction for portfolio and advertising. but thats not how ip law works..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

mawk wrote: »
    digital or otherwise unless the photographer waives the rights to the photos in their contract then they are the photographer's property along with the copyright to do as pleases them.

I always thought it sounded fair to give people the rights to their own wedding photos, with the proviso of the tog being allowed unlimited reproduction for portfolio and advertising. but thats not how ip law works..

Not quite... My understanding is that the Photographer owns the Copyright only (Unless signed away), but does NOT have the right to use the images without the couple's permission for anything other that what was agreed in the contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I was only having that discussion with another photographer yesterday.

my understanding is that (apart from editorial images) - unless you have a signed piece of paper (model release form) you cannot use the image in any way.

The discussion I was having centered about whether you would be allowed to use the image as a portfolio on a website or flickr or even facebook, my opinion is that you cant as you don't have a release form allowing you to advertise (commercial use) of the images - displaying them in public (ie. online)....its a grey area.

As regards wedding photographers - its all down to the contract - the photographer will know what they intend on using the images for in the future, and should explain to the couple what they are allowed to do with the images and what they are not allowed to do.

Advertisement