Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plans for NIB become clearer(?)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It is going to be bad for consumers when there is very little competition in the personal banking sector.

We had already seen it with AIB re introducing banking charges. I have cancelled all my accounts with them as a result and moved but there wasnt much choice out there

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

The NIB thing is very odd. I was with them for 14 years, mortgages, current account, savings. I could just about manage cash free banking, but when they stopped accepting cheques and got rid of free banking I had to move. They never made any effort to sell investment or savings products to me so I'm not sure what function the branches are meant to provide. I feel sorry for the customer facing branch staff as they were always pretty helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

did they say they were getting rid of personal current account customers?

they will stop issuing chequebooks in 2015 according to my branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

dublin daz wrote: »
    did they say they were getting rid of personal current account customers?

As far as I know - no, but they are making it increasingly awkward and expensive to deal with them.

Advertisement