Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC bank of Ireland travel loan

• 10-05-2012 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭

I want to apply for this loan so set up account with them last week. I went in yesterday to hand in the loan form and indemnity form etc, only to be told that I need a six month statement from my previous bank. They never told me this when I was inquiring about the loan and changing my bank account. I went into Ulster bank yesterday and they told me they would have to post it out and it would take 10 working days. How long does it take to be approved or denied for this student loan usually? I am leaving on the 3rd of June, which is three weeks from this sunday coming. Any information at all would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭tammyme

I have no idea how ulster bank do things but can u set up online banking with them and just print off ur statements yourself? at least u'd have them immediately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭Xxsparkyxx

Im afraid that won't work. I rang bank of Ireland and asked them would an account transaction details print off or an online bank statement print off, be acceptable and they said no. They said it has to be an original statement. I dont normally keep my statements, because the only thing I use the bank for is to get my grant. Its a bit ridiculous that an original statement, is so hard to get access to. Thanks for your help anyway:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭tammyme

:( that sucks! hope it works out in time for you!

Advertisement