Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Removal of a thread

• 10-05-2012 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I just wanted to let you know that there's a certain thread that was running based on matters arising from a recent Duathlon which I have deleted for legal reasons. I can't get into any more specific reasons than that you'll understand, but I have a solicitor's letter on my desk about it and it would seem that the relevant parties involved are trying to resolve the matter. Obviously enough, a thread discussing the issue makes it more difficult for the parties involved to resolve it and the unfortunate result of our site being so popular with Google is that it does further damage to the gentleman being talked about.

Whilst I'm here, I will say that I saw the article on the other website and was genuinely shocked by what I feel is a deliberate and malicious attempt to ruin a man's career and I sincerely hope that all parties involved can resolve this.

I'm deliberately not mentioning any names because I don't want Google to show this thread in the results list either.

I'm sure you'll understand the need to have removed the thread folks, I'll ask that you refrain from discussing that particular topic whilst it's being resolved.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Thanks, Dav! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rer451

Thanks Dav ...I can understand the kind of people you are dealing with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Completely understand. Its unfortunate as there was a lot of otherwise positive posts in that thread about a great event that are now not visible, before the thread took off on a sorry tangent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Completely understand. Its unfortunate as there was a lot of otherwise positive posts in that thread about a great event that are now not visible, before the thread took off on a sorry tangent.

The original Tinahealy thread is still there. Only the posts that related to "the incident" were branched out afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Izoard

The blurb on IT has been removed, so hopefully some degree of sanity is returning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

So much for boards.ie being an "archive of historical record", eh Dav?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Izoard wrote: »
    The blurb on IT has been removed, so hopefully some degree of sanity is returning...
    Or sanity has been legally imposed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Spacedog wrote: »
    So much for boards.ie being an "archive of historical record", eh Dav?

Clearly you don't understand Irish defamation law.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement