Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of ADSL2 Exchanges ( not NGxxx exchanges)

Options
  • 10-05-2012 11:35am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone point me to one please.??

I know that most exchanges are still ADSL1 but there are some ADSL2 exchanges with legacy backhaul and which are not NGB upgraded out there.

I'd like a list of them. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Can anyone point me to one please.??

I know that most exchanges are still ADSL1 but there are some ADSL2 exchanges with legacy backhaul and which are not NGB upgraded out there.

I'd like a list of them. Thanks.

Hi Sponge Bob
    We have asked if this list is available and are awaiting either complied list or response on this. At the moment we are working on a complete overhaul of our online sites where we hope to be able to make more information related to networks available.
    I will post reply to this as soon as I can.
    Tony

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Hi Sponge Bob
    At the moment we are working on a complete overhaul of our online sites where we hope to be able to make more information related to networks available.

Thanks Tony. I see http://www.ngb.ie has disappeared forever just like http://www.broabandatoz.ie/ did last year. :D

Eircom Wholesale have quite a useful coverage map nowadays but it is missing some key data. Bottom of this >> http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/ page

Includes distance calculator etc. Tick all the boxes on the right before you zoom in to your own area.

The map does not show legacy ADSL1 or ADSL2 exchanges, only NGB ones. These amount to only around 300 out of 1200 exchanges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Hi Tony,

Any more information on this?

Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

alan4cult wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

Any more information on this?

Alan

Hi alan4cult,

Unfortunately we have not been given this information to post publicly as yet. We have made a request to networks for a list we can put up online but there has been no movement on this up to now. As Sponge Bob said above, the list on the wholesale site is the best we have at the moment. Apologies for the delay with getting this info but we can't post internal communications (this is all we have at the moment) without it being cleared first. Will keep pushing from this side though.

Regards

James

A a rough guess ( and without naming them) how many non NGB 24mbit exchanges are there James, 30? 40? 50?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    A a rough guess ( and without naming them) how many non NGB 24mbit exchanges are there James, 30? 40? 50?

Hi Sponge Bob,

I don't have an exact figure for you but you're roughly looking at 230 non-NGB 24mb exchanges as of 13th July. Just as an aside to this, we have made another request yesterday for the full list you were looking for previously. Apologies for the delay with this, will let you know if anything comes back this time.

Regards

James

Thanks for your work on this James ( and Mark if you are reading this. :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Thanks James.

Advertisement