Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Advice] New motherboard

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Its OCZ I just checked.

I'm uploading a vid to youtube will link here explaining. I've got power again, just monitor stuck in power saving mode. Got this before don't remember how I fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Have you reached the splash screen at all yet? I cant really see anything on the thread that says you have. Anyway, ahve you got the CPU 4+4 pin connector in? That could be why nothing is showing up.

Dpy7j.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

TheDoc wrote: »

And so what happened then?

No lights on the keyboard would suggest it's not booting up, so you're definitely not going to get anything on the screen. The fans are going yeah? LEDs on the motherboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭dun79

TheDoc wrote: »

in the vid you say hdmi power saver mode
    If your useing a dvi cable change the input on the monitor to dvi

• Advertisement

Hi so a few things.

The 8 pin connector is in.
    I'm yet to see a post screen.
    PC is powering on and less on fans etc. Mouse booting up and stuff. The lights on keyboard won't come til drivers are installed.

It says HDMI cause that's the connection. Dvi - HDMI.

I can try find a dvi cable and see.

Just bout to try second port.

Friend also recommended hard reset on the motherboard bios.

Dont have a DVI to DVI, although doubt it will make a different ?

Bios reset didnt do anything, although hes mentioning getting the reset and power bins and hitting them with something together, like a bridging them for a second, sounds risky.

Tried second port and nothing, tried hdmi port from gfx nothing.

Another day wasted of my holidays, with no PC. Absolutely clueless as to what the problem is. Googling seems to bring alot of useless and unhelpful suggestions and for the decent ones, its aimed at more when the powersaving happens after the machine boots ( by just changing power settings in control panel)

Absolutely stumped.

Will try another monitor later, grab my Dads and see, if it doesnt work on that then there will look to be some problem with my graphics card I guess, really frustrating

And just puts me off doing upgrades so much : /

dun79 wrote: »
    in the vid you say hdmi power saver mode
    If your useing a dvi cable change the input on the monitor to dvi

The DVI from GFX goes to HDMI into monitor.

its the one cable with one end DVI the other HDMI

And i dont see anyything to select the mode on the monitor, it seems to be picking up HDMI, and then dropping it, hence he HDMI power saving

If your pluged in to hdmi slot on the monitor it should be set to hdmi,
    I have an lg w2361v, it has 5 buttons on the side the source botton changes the input,

dun79 wrote: »
    If your pluged in to hdmi slot on the monitor it should be set to hdmi,
    I have an lg w2361v, it has 5 buttons on the side the source botton changes the input,

I've had a look and I don't have any alternative cables. Only HDMI input to monitor :/

• Advertisement

Hi

Just had a look at the manual for your board,
    on page 17 it has
    6. If you adopt DDR3 2100/1866/1800/1600 memory modules on this
    motherboard, it is recommended to install them on DDR3_A2 and
    DDR3_B2 slots.

Take your RAM and GFX out of your Motherboard

Then turn your pc on and you should heard 3 long beeps (if you heard them turn the pc off)

Install your RAM and turn your pc on you should heard 8 long beeps (if you heard them turn the pc off)

Then put in your GFX and try boot again.

hope this help.

I will try. Although im using all 4 slots.

Removed ram and gfx

No beeps

Followed the steps, nothing

Tried my Dads graphics card, nothing

Stuck on HDMI power saving mode

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Did you try a different monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Try booting with just 1 stick of RAM in

Monotype wrote: »
    Did you try a different monitor?

`Well tried my TV, nothing else in the house has the connections.

Will mess with RAM now.

Tried messing with source on monitor and TV , same ****. It would appear there is loads of fixes, but you need to be able to boot in first.

Tried RAM, no look.

Could it be a faulty motherboard perhaps?

Some effort putting back in old one, not happy one bit, if its a mobo problem Hardwarsand getting a call from me directly. Three days down now.

Holidays have been effectively ruined by all this messing and wasted.

Completely out of ideas now, absolutely gutted at this point, probably going to just put back in my old parts.

Dont know what to do, probably just send back the motherboard and get a new one..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

At this point I would take the MB out of the case and put it on the box it came in and then connect only the PSU, RAM ,CPU with stock cooler, GPU , the MB speaker and display. See if you get any POST. If not then try the old MB. You could have a DOA MB, It does happen.

• Advertisement

Sent RMA request off.

Removing motherboard and new SSD and just putting pc back the way it was.

Extremely infuriated by this and im not loosing anymore downtime to ****ness and these completely wild issues that have a 101 possible solutions/ troubleshooting methods.

My time off work is essentially ruined by this, loosing 2 3/4 days to a faulty motherboard so im not ****ed testing anymore.

Shipping it back for a new one, and made sure to inform them of how dissapointed I was and angered.

Now another 2 hours putting all my old stuff back in. Waste, of , time

Just using my laptop at the moment, missed too much gaming for this messing, playing on laptop.

Cant describe the anger at this point....tried a few more things this morning and its the same deal, just HDMI power saving mode on monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

I have come across your problem hundreds of times while building/upgrading, and if i can give you some advice, never never ever, build a new pc "INSIDE" The rig

place mb on a flat non conducting surface.

Connect power supply to mb, see if onboard light come on /if the mb has them, most mb's today have them.

Then put on Graphics card on and turn on power, at this point you just want to get a post.

the next would be ram, repeat and rinse

then you can find out if any of the "core" hardware is faulty.

Just an FYI.

I feel for yah and i hope that the problem was just a faulty mb.

I'm back with my old motherboard in and was actually able to enjoy Diablo last night,

Definitly seems a Mobo problem

Advertisement