Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying PC Stuff online?

Options
  • 10-05-2012 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Be carful when you get an online price. Elara change price- usually upwards as they see fit. 5% increase overnight on a printer!!. Guy tried to explain it away by "currency fluctuation" when that didnt stack up said it was the price they had to buy at - in spite of the fact that they advertised item in stock ( 22 of them) on the day prior to the hike. My advise - go elsewhere- Dabs are good in my experience, but shop around.
    user_online.gifreport.gif edit.gif:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

A retailer can increase their prices whenever they choose.

It is ALWAYS good to shop around I would never take the first price i see as a given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

Hi pistolero

I am sorry if you feel that you have been directly targeted by the price increase but as you were informed over the phone we do not as you suggested track what people are looking at and then raise the prices based on that. It is not feasiable or managable or what we do.

The prices can change as they are updated daily, the are based on our buy price and that can up and one of the factors is exchange rates. Prices can and more often go down but we generally do not get complaints about them.

Advertisement