Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband constantly cutting out

Options
  • 10-05-2012 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

Have been with Eircom broadband for the last few years.

For the past few months, the broadband connection has been cutting out every single day and sometimes several times a day.

It comes back again once I turn on and off the box but it's frustrating to have to do this so often.

Is there any solution to this please?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Eod100 wrote: »
    Hi there,

For the past few months, the broadband connection has been cutting out every single day and sometimes several times a day.

It comes back again once I turn on and off the box but it's frustrating to have to do this so often.

Thanks

Hi Eod100,

Can you PM me with your telephone number and I will run a few tests on your line.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Hi Eod100,

Can you PM me with your telephone number and I will run a few tests on your line.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Just PM'd you there, thanks

Hi Mark,

Just PM'd you there, thanks

Hi,

I got your PM thanks, I am checking it out and will get back to you later today.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dee dubliner

Hi there,

Thanks

How did you get on with this problem?

I'm going through the same for weeks now. I phoned up eircom, and was told me that it's my laptop, not the connection.
    But this is not the case, as my husbands laptop it cuts it the same. Any advice?

Thanks!

How did you get on with this problem?

I'm going through the same for weeks now. I phoned up eircom, and was told me that it's my laptop, not the connection.
    But this is not the case, as my husbands laptop it cuts it the same. Any advice?

Thanks!

Hi dee dubliner,

Can you PM me with your telephone number or eircom account number and I will look into the disconnection you have been getting.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi dee dubliner,

Mark has been looking into this and sent me the details to check it also. The test that was done on the line is indicating a possible fault but this could be due to faulty equipment in the house (modem/filters/internal wiring/monitored alarm/etc). If none of these type of things are the cause we can then escalate to an engineer with no cost to yourself. To rule out the chance of a charge for the tech. can you go through this step by step checklist and then let me know when you have done that. I'll then do some further tests and we can take it from there. I also tried to log in to the modem remotely and check some settings but couldn't get access. Usually rebooting the modem will allow me access but if you do it after completing the checklist I should be able to have a look.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dee dubliner

Thanks a mil James,

I get onto the checklist in the am!

Regards

Advertisement