Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the current model UPC Digital+ (Non HD) Box

• 10-05-2012 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

I just upgraded my package to Digital+ and received my new box today to replace my horrible old Pace box. However the box I received is a gigantic silver Thomson box which looks fairly dated. Model number DCI62UPC. Is this the current model for all non-HD customers?

I'm just wondering because on UPC's site they have a different box illustrated, and even the UPC setup guide I received with this box shows a much nicer black box.

Not to sound too picky, but it sticks out like a sore thumb among my nice sea of black. Would there be any chance they'd replace it? It is technically not as advertised.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭zg3409

The newest model of non HD box is black. I helped set up one about 10 weeks ago. Don't know model number. I would suspect they will not be keen to replace you box unless you threaten to leave them as the new box is not the colour you expected.

If you are within x number of days of signing up you may be able to leave them without penalty. They may be out of those boxes for some reason. I know that had a problem supplying any recording boxes for a couple of weeks due to worldwide shortages of hard drives. This might be slightly related. They may have changed supplier etc.

If you think it is worth your while then it's worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭michaelduignan

I joined upc in February and signed up for digital + package. I got a grey/silver Thomson box.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Mines a Thomson DCI62UPC, grey.

Since the choice of box is UPC's, and they are all functionally identical, I'm not sure you can really give out about the color. If you had been given an NTL branded box (which has a completely different EPG) you might have cause for complaint, but with the advent of the smaller UPC boxes I don't think they're giving them out any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

maybe you could get some of that vinyl wrap the lads here on car forums talk about, and cover your silver box with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

maki wrote: »
    I just upgraded my package to Digital+ and received my new box today to replace my horrible old Pace box. However the box I received is a gigantic silver Thomson box which looks fairly dated. Model number DCI62UPC. Is this the current model for all non-HD customers?

I'm just wondering because on UPC's site they have a different box illustrated, and even the UPC setup guide I received with this box shows a much nicer black box.

Not to sound too picky, but it sticks out like a sore thumb among my nice sea of black. Would there be any chance they'd replace it? It is technically not as advertised.
    The latest model is the Thomson DCI6221UPC, the previous model to that is the DCI62UPC, also by Thomson. You'll get whatever stock is available though so it's a case of either/or, depending on what they've got available at the time you sign up.

You could call them up and request a black one but they may not do anything for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭decies

Mine is a Cisco 8685 Dvr plus hd, I only signed up to the Dvr plus about 6 weeks ago?? I have not signed up to hd. How old is this box then if it's not the latest , more to the point is it any good lol? That's a black box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

decies wrote: »
    Mine is a Cisco 8685 Dvr plus hd, I only signed up to the Dvr plus about 6 weeks ago?? I have not signed up to hd. How old is this box then if it's not the latest , more to the point is it any good lol? That's a black box.

That's the latest HD box alright, the Thomson DCI6221UPC is the latest non-HD PVR, strange they're dishing the Cisco boxes out to non-HD subscribers though!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 trveller72

I signed up for UPC Digital+ last week. I got my Thomson box, but where I am living I have also a Cisco Digital+HD box left from previous tenants.

Do you know if I can use that box instead the one that was supplied?

- the UPC card was not activated yet in any box
    - the HD box was obviously used before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭zg3409

It might be possible. Ring them. If the past tenants did not close their account properly they might not let you.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 trveller72

zg3409 wrote: »
    It might be possible. Ring them. If the past tenants did not close their account properly they might not let you.
    Thank you for the reply.
    What I wanted to say is that I received from them a new box (Digital+, Thomson) and a new card.
    What I want to try is put the card I received for my account in the Cisco HD box and use that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭eggerb

July 2012 - is DCI6221UPC still the latest non HD being shipped? Is it black like the one below??

DCI6221UPC-Ef.jpg

Advertisement