Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence expiry 01/01/1000

Options
  • 10-05-2012 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Hi lads. Got my new 243 licence today-Happy days! Looked at serial number, correct there, magic S is there as well. Next thing I looked at expiry date and it's 01/01/1000. My local rfd says that all licences he saw lately had the same problem, not to worry they will reissue with the correct date when renewed and I do't have to do anything.They having some sort of computer error there he said. Any comments on that? Any one else got that expiry date on here?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Brother got the same thing not too long ago, contacted FO and license was re-issued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

New licence should come automaticaly, happened to my da and my mate

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

just got my licence there today for a cz452 and it doesn't have the same problem you have, got the grant letter on Tuesday if that's any help to ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

1,000 years out of date, Jesus you'll have some back money to pay on that :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Constab2

Had the same on a sub for shotgun 4-5 weeks ago got the new one 5 days later with proper date.Guard rang & told me it would happen in that order.Seems to be a glitch in the sub side of the issuing of licence's . Wouldn't be concerned about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Constab2 wrote: »
    Had the same on a sub for shotgun 4-5 weeks ago got the new one 5 days later with proper date.Guard rang & told me it would happen in that order.Seems to be a glitch in the sub side of the issuing of licence's . Wouldn't be concerned about it.
    Looks like I'm just going to wait and see what happens so. So did my local rfd advised as well. Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭shooting101

zlezlius wrote: »
    Hi lads. Got my new 243 licence today-Happy days! Looked at serial number, correct there, magic S is there as well. Next thing I looked at expiry date and it's 01/01/1000. My local rfd says that all licences he saw lately had the same problem, not to worry they will reissue with the correct date when renewed and I do't have to do anything.They having some sort of computer error there he said. Any comments on that? Any one else got that expiry date on here?
    Thanks
    same thing happned to me

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Scalachi

Last week I got a Substitution and a New license, the new license was fine, but the Substitution arrived with the 01/01/1000, A replacement arrived yesterday with the correct date without me doing anything, so assume they are aware of this and fixing it and re-issuing, I would say if you don't get a replacement in a week, either ring your local FO or the FPU.

regards

DB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Same for me with a recent sub, did not notice until the second license arrived 5 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Licence with the correct expiry date in the post today.Thanks for the advise lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement