Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: Best place for QS work?

Options
  • 10-05-2012 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all I`m new to this and I have read lots of very helpful information on this site :). I am seriously thinking of immigrating to Canada at the end of the year hopefully Toronto!!!
    I am wondering if anyone knows the best location for a Quantity Surveyor to relocate?
    I have a degree in Quantity Surveying along with a Masters in Construction Economics and 3 years work experience as QS with a construction company.
    I am hoping someone could give me advice on the work front? Thanks in advance posters :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bernzie

Hi. I think the first thing you have to know is that you nearly always start as an Estimator in Canada. So my advice is that you alter your CV to reflect experience as an Estimator and give a reference that will back this up. A lot of the Project Managers over there actually do the cost control.... Its very different. I have Estimating & QS experience of 13 years and the advice I was given (from friends who are in Canada already) was to change CV just to reflect Estimating. I have an offer and am currently making up my mind whether to go or not. But for a guy like you I would go in a shot!! I have a contact for a job with a cladding company over there if you are interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kiwijbob

think you'd be snapped up pretty quick in Alberta buddy :cool:

Advertisement