Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smurfit School Masters - Pay to apply?

Options
  • 10-05-2012 4:40pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Are they for real? You have to pay €45 to apply? And there is no guarantee of being accepted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Dannyg90

godtabh wrote: »
    Are they for real? You have to pay €45 to apply? And there is no guarantee of being accepted

you have to pay to apply for a masters anywhere, same as with the CAO application fee to get into an undergrad. Its a processing fee and they're all around €40, annoying i know but it has to be done to get in. I think they do it too so as to stop everyone from applying, so they only get serious applicants

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I didnt have to pay to apply for my Trinity masters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Didn't have to pay any fees to apply for Manchester, Kings College London, Cambridge or Edinburgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Dannyg90

sorry i meant most colleges in Ireland, just from what i saw when applying for my masters this year, every one i looked at charged around 40 to apply.
    Its annoying i know i applied to three different colleges so i had to pay 120 this year :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've made the application but havent paid the fee. Debatable if I will

I've applied for an MBA else where in Ireland and I havent been asked to apply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement