Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever experienced "love at first sight"?

• 10-05-2012 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I didn't believe in "love at first sight" until it happened to me...and now I wonder how I ever settled for less.

I met this beautiful Vietnamese girl in the bar in Berlin when I was on holiday. Turns out she was there on holiday and she is living in Dublin. We chatted for hours that evening. The morning after, we spent a few hours sightseeing together around Berlin. I changed my return flight to be on the same flight back to Dublin with her and I wished It was a long haul flight. It was one of my best, happiest holiday. I found myself thinking of her all the time after that, I missed her voice, smile, I missed to look into her big beautiful brown eyes again. Sadly I couldn't get a date with her after that because she just broke up with her boyfriend. I've found myself checking her fiend's Facebook just to see a photo of her, my heart melts. Almost a year gone by, I've been on different dates but I never feel the same. I'm in my late 20s, I am grateful for everything I've done and achieved in my life but I wonder if I'll ever have the same feeling for someone like that again. So I believe, I fell in love at first sight, do you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

You sure she was looking at you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

in Afterhours of all places, this wont end well.

can i suggest Personal issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Faolchu wrote: »

Probably more suited to Creative Writing or Conspiracy Theories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Have you ever seen a triple Whopper with bacon?

Now, thats love at first sight!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Kinda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

I didn't believe in "love at first sight" until it happened to me...and now I wonder how I ever settled for less.

I met this beautiful Vietnamese girl in the bar in Berlin when I was on holiday. Turns out she was there on holiday and she is living in Dublin. We chatted for hours that evening. The morning after, we spent a few hours sightseeing together around Berlin. I changed my return flight to be on the same flight back to Dublin with her and I wished It was a long haul flight. It was one of my best, happiest holiday. I found myself thinking of her all the time after that, I missed her voice, smile, I missed to look into her big beautiful brown eyes again. Sadly I couldn't get a date with her after that because she just broke up with her boyfriend. I've found myself checking her fiend's Facebook just to see a photo of her, my heart melts. Almost a year gone by, I've been on different dates but I never feel the same. I'm in my late 20s, I am grateful for everything I've done and achieved in my life but I wonder if I'll ever have the same feeling for someone like that again. So I believe, I fell in love at first sight, do you?
    I have news for you pal...

Seriously op grow a pair and send her a message. She said she didn't want to go out with you because she just broke up with her boyfriend well, it's been a year. Message her and ask if she wants to hook up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gentelman_dub

Faolchu wrote: »

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this - I couldn't figure out which forum was most appropriate. Mods, please feel free to move this to another forum. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

No

Iwasfrozen wrote: »

Ten Dollah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

this is why I have bunnyy rabbits as my profile pic on fb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I was on holiday in Berlin and met this weird Dublin guy, who didn't get that I was a transvestite.
    He was clingy as feck and wouldn't leave me alone, even when I told him I had a penis he followed me around like a lovesick puppy.
    He even followed me onto a flight and sat next to me, trying to convince me to join the Mile High Club.

Had to block him on Facebook when I got back, no harm done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Realistically love at first sight is really just a really strong desire to shag someone. Real love doesnt really come until you get to know them as a person.

Least thats how i see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

hundreds of times, i just can't help it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'm not sure about love at first sight, but am a firm believer in horny at first sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

It sounds like she is just playing hard to get. Just stalk her for another year or two and she will eventually give in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

I didn't believe in "lust at first sight" until it happened to me...and now I wonder how I ever settled for less.

I met this beautiful Vietnamese girl in the bar in Berlin when I was on holiday. Turns out she was there on holiday and she is living in Dublin. We chatted for hours that evening. The morning after, we spent a few hours sightseeing together around Berlin. I changed my return flight to be on the same flight back to Dublin with her and I wished It was a long haul flight. It was one of my best, happiest holiday. I found myself thinking of her all the time after that, I missed her voice, smile, I missed to look into her big beautiful brown eyes again. Sadly I couldn't get a date with her after that because she just broke up with her boyfriend. I've found myself checking her fiend's Facebook just to see a photo of her, my heart melts. Almost a year gone by, I've been on different dates but I never feel the same. I'm in my late 20s, I am grateful for everything I've done and achieved in my life but I wonder if I'll ever have the same feeling for someone like that again. So I believe, I fell in lust at first sight, do you?

fyp :pac:

she didnt love you long time,then?:pac:

this wont have a happy ending:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Summer loving leave it at that,its over a year move on your only 20 you fall in love again.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

in b4

'fi dorrar'

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vaderfjord

ah leave him alone !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Yes, but I always reject them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Yes, and I had to question my sanity after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

That's not love it's lust. TBH, I think the 'just broke up with my boyfriend' story is the oldest cliche in the book. If she was interested she would have gone for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I met this beautiful Vietnamese girl in the bar in Berlin when I was on holiday.

you must have been very drunk ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

vaderfjord wrote: »
    ah leave him alone !!!!
    OP? Shame on you for the re-reg just to self pity:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Anyone who believes in love at first sight doesn't know what true love is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Jess16 wrote: »

Not true, true love is magic and is possible at first sight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Jess16 wrote: »

Don't worry, yours is the truest love in the world. No one else can really understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chamone MF

I think its in peepshow where jez runs up to mark and says 'i've found true love i've found true love' and then gets the reply 'so it just so happens that out of six billion possible people on the earth you just happen to stumble upon someone that was supposedly destined for you in a pub'.

So yeah, its just your b0ner/endorphines.
    Feels good all the same.

(the endorphines...not your b0ner)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I kinda know where the OP is coming from.

I was working for a company that makes slogans for greeting cards a few years ago. Something just to pay the bills as I tried to make it as an architect. Anyway, this girl started working as a secretary in the office and from the moment she walked in I fell in love. She just had this real "cool" vibe about her, was interested into the same music I was (Smiths etc) was just well....perfect.

I was shy at first towards her, but it all came to a head at a staff karaoke party when my drunken friend let slip that I fancied her. I was mortified, until the following Monday in work she kissed me in the photocopying room. We then embarked on a whirlwind romance for over a year. I'll never forget the great day we had in IKEA.

Long story short she broke up with me citing that she wasn't looking for anything serious. I wallowed in self-pity for a few weeks until I bumped into her at a workmate's wedding, where she invited me to a house party, which turned out to be her engagement party. I was heartbroken.

Anyway, it inspired me to pursue my architecture career, not to let love hold me back etc. However, I was waiting to be interviewed by a top architecture firm yesterday when a very attractive girl also awaiting to be interviewed for the same job caught my fancy. I asked her out for a coffee afterwards and she said yes! I think I may be in love....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

the-number-u-gave-me-at-the-bar-was-wrong-so-i-followed-you-home.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Love at first sight - no

Lust at first sight - yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I was working for a company that makes slogans for greeting cards a few years ago. Something just to pay the bills as I tried to make it as an architect. Anyway, this girl started working as a secretary in the office and from the moment she walked in I fell in love. She just had this real "cool" vibe about her, was interested into the same music I was (Smiths etc) was just well....perfect.

I was shy at first towards her, but it all came to a head at a staff karaoke party when my drunken friend let slip that I fancied her. I was mortified, until the following Monday in work she kissed me in the photocopying room. We then embarked on a whirlwind romance for over a year. I'll never forget the great day we had in IKEA.

Long story short she broke up with me citing that she wasn't looking for anything serious. I wallowed in self-pity for a few weeks until I bumped into her at a workmate's wedding, where she invited me to a house party, which turned out to be her engagement party. I was heartbroken.

Anyway, it inspired me to pursue my architecture career, not to let love hold me back etc. However, I was waiting to be interviewed by a top architecture firm yesterday when a very attractive girl also awaiting to be interviewed for the same job caught my fancy. I asked her out for a coffee afterwards and she said yes! I think I may be in love....

aaaaawwwww :)

Iwasfrozen wrote: »

Seriously op grow a pair and send her a message. She said she didn't want to go out with you because she just broke up with her boyfriend well, it's been a year. Message her and ask if she wants to hook up.

Thanks, I've tried but she only offered me her friendship and I know she is not with anyone at the moment.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Love at first sight - no

Lust at first sight - yes

Love at first sight - yes

Lust at first sight - yes too because she was super Elegant, sexy and she is still is...We never had sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

As opposed to a sexual ,lustful attraction ? Yes... I have .

I tend to departmentalize feelings and emotions anyway .:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Not love as such but you can't mistake chemistry and when it's right, you know it instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Brinimartini

I once spotted a cream cake in a bakers window and it was love at first sight

Not love as such but you can't mistake chemistry and when it's right, you know it instantly.

The fire in a chemistry lab that I was conducting experiments in proved otherwise.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Thanks, I've tried but she only offered me her friendship and I know she is not with anyone at the moment.

You come across as being way too polite and nice.

If/when you meet up with her you need to treat her badly. Be as rude as possible, tell her she looks awful, slap her around a bit, etc.

Bitches be lovin' that sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Yeah, he was Australian and it lasted about 6 days and took me months to get over.

So young and dramatic.

I don't believe in it. You can for sure be attracted to someone right away, and when you spend time with them get to love them and maybe believe it was love at first sight, but I don't think you can ever love someone you don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

The amount of people who meet lovely women on holidays:rolleyes:.

Anyway no I don't believe in love at first sight, but maybe I will if it ever happens to yours truly.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭cassElliot

you should make that into a movie.. and make sure it stars zooey deschanel and joseph gordon-levitt.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Gee Bag wrote: »

This is the best username I've ever seen. That is all !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bold_finger

i fell in love with a girl at first sight on my first day in secondary school , was not lust as i barely knew the facts of life :

MOD: Re-reg banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kitty9

i saw a girl in a nightclub.

went up to her and bought her a drink.

she shouted "Fúck off weirdo"

i rubbed my mickey up against her leg.

I hope you get the job and that girl;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

kitty9 wrote: »
    i lost my virginity last night.

didnt know where to jizz so i did it on her chest.

she screamed :( then said "u fúckin weirdo, dont put that there"
    kitty9 wrote: »
    i saw a girl in a nightclub.

went up to her and bought her a drink.

she shouted "Fúck off weirdo"

i rubbed my mickey up against her leg.

Change the record.
    Troll Banned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Next time you see her in public you should jack off UPON her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭foleypio

jesus man, did your balls drop off or something. First dont facebook stalk or try or contact her. Just get on with your life and find better things to do with your time.

Love is reciprocal not a one way street. What you have is an infatuation, the best way to get over something like that is by getting out more and doing more positive things with your life.

People are fairly straightforward underneath all the BS. Nobody wants anyone or anything that they can have easily. I think probably this was the case with you. Next time dont be so keen to ask someone you like out, to start going out with her.

You should have taken your time, had a laugh with her and then maybe after a while when she gets her **** together make a move. Now its pretty much fu**ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I know that feeling your talking about,

it's that special feeling you get when you see a lovely cute girl,

it's that feeling where you would do anything to bone her

• Advertisement
Advertisement