Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jorah Mormont Book 1 Spoilers

• 10-05-2012 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

I have started reading the first book,a game of thrones having already seen the show. I don't plan to read ahead of the show at any point,I'll read Clash of Kings after season 2 has ended. So I would appreciate no further book spoilers beyond the first book.

I was reading the part where Ned and Robert are having a conversation about Dany getting married to Drogo and Robert's fears about this. He talks about Jorah Mormont and how he was exiled etc and then mentions that the information about Dany game from him as he is a spy for Varys.

My question is,was this left out of the show? I have watched the scene in Season 1 Episode 2 where Ned and Robert have this conversation but there is no mention of Jorah. Was it mentioned later in season 1 that I missed or was it left out of the show completely?

If it can't be answered without going into other book spoilers then that's grand,I don't want to know,but if I just missed it somewhere in season 1 any help appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

it is in the show, in one of the episodes where the wine dealer tries to poison dany, jorah recieves a letter from varys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

madrab wrote: »
    it is in the show, in one of the episodes where the wine dealer tries to poison dany, jorah recieves a letter from varys

I do remember that,saying he was pardoned. But surely there must have been something earlier in the show that indicated Jorah was a spy for Varys that I missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Just that letter and some "shifty" behaviour from Mormont.

TBH, a lot of readers missed the connection between that scene and Ser Jorah (so many names to follow when reading!) and I'd guess many viewers will too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, I never copped Jorah was a spy of sorts until my second viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Was it not mentioned at a coucil meeting when they were deciding whether to kill Danny or not when Ned asked where the infomarion had come from?

May re watch tonight and see.

• Advertisement

Will have to re-watch a few episodes myself!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

tvnutz wrote: »
    Will have to re-watch a few episodes myself!

Rewatch the whole season, I did it in one go after I watched episode 1 of season 2 over the easter :D

Was it not mentioned at a coucil meeting when they were deciding whether to kill Danny or not when Ned asked where the infomarion had come from?

May re watch tonight and see.

You were right,just watched episode 5 there, Varys mentions it at the meeting about killing Dany. Must have forgotten it,there is so much going on it really does require a few watches or you miss out on stuff!

Advertisement