Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key fobs - HKC

Options
  • 10-05-2012 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Just a quick observation.
    With the keyfobs for hkc you can set/ unset - part set - and set panic. No doubt fierce handy to have.
    One drawback tho... If your reversing for example out your drive and you set your alarm it will full set no problem ... Provided you have all zones closed ie all windows/ doors closed over. If you leave a window open with a dual sensor for example the alarm will not set and you have no way of knowing. I would have thought an easy solution would be to have either a signal from saab either light flash/ short emit of sound to confirm full set.
    Did anyone ever come across such a thing ? I mean a tone or similar to confirm full set. Sorry for long pm! Thanks

Minder

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

In the devices option menu for the keyfob you need to set up the armsquawk.
    This will ring the internal bell and activate the strobe on arming of the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

Wow Jason your a man of fierce knowledge !!!! Thks again
    Much obliged.
    Minder

Always try my best Minder :D

Jason

I just downloaded the manual; from HKC
    I cant seem to see the devices menu on the one i downloaded.

its the HKC1070 , it definately has the armsquawk option?

Definately dont doubt ya , but will be arguing with the guy who installed
    it first thing in a.m.! Wanna have my facts right!!
    ......................................................................................................

ps!! Just googling this armsquawk!! I see one post (different alarm) he makes the valid point that if you arm the system at night the internal bell rings it will frighten the life out of the kids!Can you set it just for full arm , i mean when all leaving, thats fine , but if using fob inside when going to bed /getting up, i dont want the internal siren making a racket. If you cant disable the internal siren , can you at least have the saab light signal alarm on/off on full set for example when leaving house? Thanks again
    Minder

minder2009 wrote: »
    Jason

I just downloaded the manual; from HKC
    I cant seem to see the devices menu on the one i downloaded.

its the HKC1070 , it definately has the armsquawk option?

Definately dont doubt ya , but will be arguing with the guy who installed
    it first thing in a.m.! Wanna have my facts right!!
    cheers

thks

Minder

Yes, you need to set this up in the engineer menu in the devices options for the keyfob. Your facts are correct :D

• Advertisement

see amended post!!!

minder2009 wrote: »
    ps!! Just googling this armsquawk!! I see one post (different alarm) he makes the valid point that if you arm the system at night the internal bell rings it will frighten the life out of the kids!Can you set it just for full arm , i mean when all leaving, thats fine , but if using fob inside when going to bed /getting up, i dont want the internal siren making a racket. If you cant disable the internal siren , can you at least have the saab light signal alarm on/off on full set for example when leaving house? Thanks again
    Minder

That is only if the system is set using the keyfob. Entering your code to arm on the keypad will not give you the armsquawk. It is only a brief ring of the internal bell but it is understandable that it would put the frighteners up you :D
    This is the only way it works.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can you set the strobe to flash briefly?
    You could then use an echo flash internally to give the same indication.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Can you set the strobe to flash briefly?
    You could then use an echo flash internally to give the same indication.

The internal bell will still sound as this is the way it is set up.
    If an echo flash was used it would do the same internally.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No option for a seperate strobe output????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 C.TECH

Quick question: Is your Sabb wired or wireless?

If it's wired then we can do a Mcgyver on it, we're going to need to use the Arm/Disarm output, a third party timed relay and the moons gravitational pull..ok maybe not the last one but this can be done with a 10 euro timed relay and a little inventive wiring, if it's wired.

There should an easier way.

There should an easier way.

I don't think there is, just a few more equally complicated ways

That's why I love Siemens;)

wired saab. Tell me a little more about inventive wiring , in compliance with current regs of course
    cheers
    C.TECH wrote: »

If it's wired then we can do a Mcgyver on it, we're going to need to use the Arm/Disarm output, a third party timed relay and the moons gravitational pull..ok maybe not the last one but this can be done with a 10 euro timed relay and a little inventive wiring, if it's wired.

What he's thinking is programming an output as Arm/Disarm . Use that output to trigger a timed relay , which will send a negative to the strobe for the defined time. The output will switch back after the system is disarmed & will start the timer again the next time the system is armed.

PS C-Tech, are you sure there is no option on HKC for a strobe output timed on Full or Part set??:confused:
    I'd have though that was pretty standard stuff.

C.TECH wrote: »

This is an option, there is no other way I can see in the programming of the 10/70 as the two outputs are linked together for the armsquawk.

@ Minder: What Koolkid said, it would definitely work.

@ Koolkid: There really is no strobe option for Arm/Disarm nor is there an option to have the Arm/Disarm Pulse. You could mess around with Smart lights, triggered by a zone, triggered by an Arm/Disarm, but it would all be very messy and the minimum of the timer is 1 minute, so no use really.

PartGuard B was gonna be an option, it can have an Exit time and you can set up one of the PGMs as a buzzer that mimics the keypad, unfortunately the Exit Timer isn't independent and is linked to the Full set Timer, so once again the strobe would be flashing for a long time and flash on unset too.

All HKC would have to do to resolve this is put a timer option on the Arm/Disarm or take the internal sounder off the squawk.

SPC has the strobe flash on set as a standalone option with timer programmable. Even without that mapping gates could do this & more in any number of different ways. Someone's playing catch up me thinks...;)

CTECH.... Is it the case with the hkc arm squawk enabled that the internal bell sounds for a short time and the Saab flashes when you set/ unset with fob ? As Altor says... Both will operate by default ie. the Saab flash @ int. bell when fob is used? I hope that is the case. Hasn't be enabled yet.... Thks ps I know the squawk does not activate when keypad is used which is ideal. Thks

• Advertisement

That is correct Minder.
    The two are connected together when the armsquawk is enabled that is why you can't have just one working without the other.

So is there any option for the strobe to continue after the 15 minutes for the bell cut out?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Stephen868

The arm squawk feature will toggle the strobe output and internal bell output for 2 seconds only on a full set of the system using the key fob.if you are at home you are part setting your panel and well not activate the arm squawk feature.no need for butchering a sabb and adding timers.

Is there a separate strobe output on that panel?

Stephen868 wrote: »
    The arm squawk feature will toggle the strobe output and internal bell output for 2 seconds only on a full set of the system using the key fob.if you are at home you are part setting your panel and well not activate the arm squawk feature.no need for butchering a sabb and adding timers.

OP said he is full setting and the Squawk would wake people still in the home(yeah I dont know why not Partguard either). Arm/Disarm linked to a timed relay, linked to the strobe would suit just fine in either case,and it's hardly butchering.

Is there a separate strobe output on that panel?

Yes

Then why HKC would not simply have the feature to fire bell or strobe for s definable time is strange. Its a fairly basic option .:confused:

Then why HKC would not simply have the feature to fire bell or strobe for s definable time is strange. Its a fairly basic option .:confused:

Yes internal bell, and strobe output are separate internal bell is timed at 15 min by default were strobe is only turned off after a user unset.It is a basic option that just needs to be turned on by the installer.

But no option to time the strobe output on a panel action?

• Advertisement

But no option to time the strobe output on a panel action?
    Yes that is possible using zone mapping. Trip a zone and an output will trip.latched or pulsed.

Advertisement