Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key fobs - HKC

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

minder2009 wrote: »
    So how can you set the code with the fob?use a code with a fob? Mine (Hkc)only has on off part sets panic!

You use this key fob.
    H01RFKEYFOB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

So how can you set the code with the fob?use a code with a fob? Mine (Hkc)only has on off part sets panic! Pity to see sillly posts on here..... Altor and koolkid are very helpful to people with genuine enquiries.

The keyfob needs to be set up for Code unset by your installer.
    When it is, you press 0 then enter your code on the keyfob.
    If you are using the keyfob for setting and unsetting the alarm system then it is advisable to have the code set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

Is this the ordinary code on the rkp your talking about??? Presumably it is. The user code. Thks

Is this the ordinary code on the rkp your talking about??? Presumably it is. The user code. Thks

Yes, same code. Once the keyfob has being set up for the user and code unset. I would seriously consider getting the installer to set this up for you.

altor wrote: »
    Yes, same code. Once the keyfob has being set up for the user and code unset. I would seriously consider getting the installer to set this up for you.

Altor , feel a bit silly asking ya this!!

The user code is set up. The fob turns it on/off partset etc as it does.
    TO unset the alarm you need to put in the code on RPK or press off on fob -THATS IT!!

Have I this done as you would rtecommend.
    Thks

• Advertisement

TO unset the alarm you need to put in the code on RPK or press off on fob -THATS IT!!

Thks

That is because the keyfob is not set for code unset.
    If it was then the only way to turn off the system using the keyfob is to press 0 and then enter the user code associated with the keyfob and user.

altor wrote: »

Thks

That is because the keyfob is not set for code unset.
    If it was then the only way to turn off the system using the keyfob is to press 0 and then enter the user code associated with the keyfob and user.

I see. Better from a security point of view I understand . . Takes the handiness out if it tho!! And for the buglar ! Good to know thanks.

I see. Better from a security point of view I understand . . Takes the handiness out if it tho!! And for the buglar ! Good to know thanks.

From a security point of view that is correct.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

How much are fobs, ballpark?

EDIT: Also, what dimensions are they?

dahamsta wrote: »
    How much are fobs, ballpark?

EDIT: Also, what dimensions are they?

About €40-€45
    Size: 70mm x 35mm x 18mm

• Advertisement

O hash 7 on rkp ....10.70 Hkc ... What is it linked to on fob? Eg 56 or 78? Or can it be uprogrammed anyway installer wants?

O hash 7 on rkp ....10.70 Hkc ... What is it linked to on fob? Eg 56 or 78? Or can it be uprogrammed anyway installer wants?

0#7 is part set A 5/6 on fob.
    0#8 is part set B 7/8 on fob.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 martinjr

Hi, I'm using this thread as I got a HKC Quantum70 wireless alarm system installed a few months ago. I recently purchased 2 wireless sensors and an extra keyfob but I'm finding it difficult to follow the instructions. Is there someone out there who can provide me with they few steps required to add:

- keyfob
    - 2 x sensors

Thank You
    martinjr

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You have the engineer code I presume?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Make sure sensors are on with tamper open .
    Enter engineer code
    Devices menu (yes)
    RF devices menu (yes)
    Add and ID RF devices (yes)
    Add and ID RF zone (yes) or RF fob
    System will scan ( dev found __ )
    Then close tamper on sensor to learn in .
    Press button on fob to learn in

I'm using this thread to ask about two items regarding HKC Quantum70 alarm system:

(a) replacing sensor battery once a warning appears saying 'battery low'. What is the correct order of the steps/procedures involved?

(b) At the panel I have used the engineer code/user code to attempt removing device (sensor installed at Zone 16).I get as far as where the panel displays a message 'close tamper lid' but this is already closed. What do I do and what are the steps involved. I didn't have any problems adding devices (2 sensors and 1 keyfob). Tks in advance.

martinjr wrote: »
    I'm using this thread to ask about two items regarding HKC Quantum70 alarm system:

(a) replacing sensor battery once a warning appears saying 'battery low'. What is the correct order of the steps/procedures involved?

(b) At the panel I have used the engineer code/user code to attempt removing device (sensor installed at Zone 16).I get as far as where the panel displays a message 'close tamper lid' but this is already closed. What do I do and what are the steps involved. I didn't have any problems adding devices (2 sensors and 1 keyfob). Tks in advance.

If you know the device that has the low battery then simply opening the device and replacing the battery then close the lid should be it.
    Did you delete the sensor and try to put it back on the system?

Altor

(a) I did that already but I thought I should have isolated the sensor in advance to prevent the beeping at the panel.

(b) I tried to but as stated above I'm getting that 'close tamper lid' message. I know that I've done the deleting already when I installed sensor in the wrong zone. Don't know why it's happening now though.

Thanks for help so far.
    M.

Altor

(a) I did that already but I thought I should have isolated the sensor in advance to prevent the beeping at the panel.

The sensor will show a fault and beep at the panel, simply entering your code will turn this off.
    (b) I tried to but as stated above I'm getting that 'close tamper lid' message. I know that I've done the deleting already when I installed sensor in the wrong zone. Don't know why it's happening now though.

Thanks for help so far.
    M.

If you go into the service menu, tools, then open tampers does it show the tamper open in there?
    Is there a yellow fault light on the keypad?

Yes, the yellow light comes on.

• Advertisement

Yes, the yellow light comes on.

Come out of engineering and see if there is a fault, if so post what it says.

It beeps, red light comes on and voice says 'tamper Zone one' although I'm working on Zone 16.

It beeps, red light comes on and voice says 'tamper Zone one' although I'm working on Zone 16.

Did you open the sensor on zone 1?

No, never went near it - the only Zone I have worked on is 16. The Zone 1 window is has not been opened either.

No, never went near it - the only Zone I have worked on is 16. The Zone 1 window is has not been opened either.

That is strange.

Zone 1 on the Quantum is usually the hardwired zone.
    When you where enrolling the sensors are you sure you started at 1. You need to move from zone 2 to 1 to do this?

The system was installed by a qualified installer and he quite clearly explained that he commenced installing devices from Zone 11 and was deliberately avoiding Zone 1 to 10 as they were reserved for wired sensors. Since he finished his part of the work I have added two more sensors, making it 6 in total, a second keyfob, making it 2 keyfobs. There is also a PIR installed in Zone 11. I'm stumped for the moment so maybe I'll leave it now and try again tomorrow in daylight.

The system was installed by a qualified installer and he quite clearly explained that he commenced installing devices from Zone 11 and was deliberately avoiding Zone 1 to 10 as they were reserved for wired sensors. Since he finished his part of the work I have added two more sensors, making it 6 in total, a second keyfob, making it 2 keyfobs. There is also a PIR installed in Zone 11. I'm stumped for the moment so maybe I'll leave it now and try again tomorrow in daylight.

Its a Securewave system you have installed so.
    Do you have any wired devices on zone 1?

No. The only device that is wired is the external siren/bell

No. The only device that is wired is the external siren/bell

If you are sure you have nothing wired or wire free on that zone then you could disable the zone in zone types. Set zone 1 to unused.

• Advertisement

OK, I'll do that in the morning. I'll have another go at removing and re-installing a sensor and post back one way or the other.

Advertisement