Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key fobs - HKC

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

martinjr wrote: »
    OK, I'll do that in the morning. I'll have another go at removing and re-installing a sensor and post back one way or the other.

Just thinking there and I would check to see if the installer has installed the internal bell (if wired) tamper on zone 1.
    If you close up the lid on the zone you are working on then go into walk test and test the zone that will indicate if this sensor is on the correct zone.
    Another option is to open the tamper and go into open tampers menu to see what tampers are open by opening and closing the tamper.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 martinjr

Hi altor,
    The mystery has been solved, thanks to your guidance. The sensor named at Zone 16 was actually installed at Zone 1 in error. However when I removed it at the panel the Zone 16 name was also cleared. The embarrassing thing is that it was I who installed it in the first place!! I have now reinstalled the sensor at Zone 16 and named it 'Lower Bathroom' in the Zone 16 slot. All fine now. The last thing I will ask is: what is the diff between Zone and Point.

Hi altor,
    The mystery has been solved, thanks to your guidance. The sensor named at Zone 16 was actually installed at Zone 1 in error. However when I removed it at the panel the Zone 16 name was also cleared. The embarrassing thing is that it was I who installed it in the first place!! I have now reinstalled the sensor at Zone 16 and named it 'Lower Bathroom' in the Zone 16 slot. All fine now. The last thing I will ask is: what is the diff between Zone and Point.

Good to see you solved the mystery :D

If you wanted to add point ID sensors (wired) to the system then you would set them up in the points menu after IDing them to the system. They can be given all there own options and settings. 10 per point ID zone. You could also set up the RF sensors as points too. No real advantage as the Quantum system can have up to 70 wire free devices either way.

Ok, so what you're telling me is that points means wired? Seems strange though. When you say up to 70 rf sensors either way do you mean they can be installed in the points zones as well as wireless? It would make you wonder why they made the distinction. Having said all that it's a great system. Thanks for the help.

Ok, so what you're telling me is that points means wired? Seems strange though. When you say up to 70 rf sensors either way do you mean they can be installed in the points zones as well as wireless? It would make you wonder why they made the distinction. Having said all that it's a great system. Thanks for the help.

Great system and very easy to use for an end user.
    70 zones on the system means it can take 70 wire free sensors, one per zone.
    There is one wired zone on the system. Any global sensors will work on this zone. If you want you can use HKC point ID sensors on this zone also. 10 point ID sensors can be used on this zone.
    To explain it briefly:
    If you had a loop of global sensors on one zone then the sensors all have the same type, same options. There is also no way to distinguish between each sensor.
    If you had 10 or less HKC point ID sensors then each sensor on the loop is given there own settings. Each sensor can be given different names, types e.g. entry/exit, panic, alarm. They can also have different gross/pulse settings.
    Very handy to have also so you know which sensor has activated an alarm event.

• Advertisement

Ah! I get the picture now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭eddie_

Hi does anyone know how to get the red panic button on a keyfob to activate the internal and external bells when pressed. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

In the rf keyfob options change bells option from no to yes.

Advertisement