Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Cut in Dungarvan

• 10-05-2012 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm new to the Dungarvan area, where do you recommend a gent should get his hair cut?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Just for men, Friary Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Wife cuts mine in the kitchen :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Just for men, Friary Street.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

I'm new to the Dungarvan area, where do you recommend a gent should get his hair cut?

Ann-Marie in Boston Barbers at the Shopping Centre is very good at her job, and is nice to go into. Chats away to everyone. I dont think she works Monday's. I think a Polish Girl is there when Ann-Marie is not there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Jos' Barber shop in Abbeyside is the place to go! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

friend of mine went to the turkish guy on o`connell street last week and saidhe was very good, havent try him myself but will next time.so perhaps you might let me know if you go there or if anyone else has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lemon_Drop

Classic Gents in Mitchell Street for me.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭duinegorm

In Just for Men if you get the wrong one cutting she'll make a right mess of it, uneven all over the place. The two women that are there with years are spot on. Got caught twice with the wrong one and won't be going back. Girl in Boston Barbers is very nice but can't do a decent haircut either. If a barber is finished in 5-10 mins then you can be sure they did a botched job. The Turkish barber is excellent! He spends ages on it and makes sure every little detail is perfect, singes the ear hair, even sorts out the eyebrows with that threading thing. Charges 15 bucks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭skaface

Well, did you get your hair cut yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 wereinIreland

Have not yet made it out, Ill try and get it done today. Where is the place with the Turkish guy?

• Advertisement

It's down the same side of the town as Ben O Neils record shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

did you get it cut yet??

went into that boston barbers a few days ago, can't say i was blown away by the hair cut, :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

skaface wrote: »
    Well, did you get your hair cut yet ;)

I cant wait to see the pics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭duinegorm

sponge_bob wrote: »
    did you get it cut yet??

went into that boston barbers a few days ago, can't say i was blown away by the hair cut, :(

As I said already, she's feckin brutal!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭waterford

:confused:Was it a wash, cut and blow dry

Just went to the Turkish barber. Was excellent, great attention to detail. Much MUCH better than Classic Gents. Well worth the €15.

On another note... This is the place I went to in the States...

http://www.thebarbershops.net/

$10 For haircut, shampoo, hot towel, and quick back massage.

Just went to the Turkish barber. Was excellent, great attention to detail. Much MUCH better than Classic Gents. Well worth the €15.
    good to hear you went to turkish guy must check him out next week myself, heard he was very detailed alright..

Finally got into the turkish barbers and it was well worth the visit, first of all i got offered tea or coffee which was a great jesture, as for the hair cut it took 30mins, not because the guy was slow or i had loads of hair but the attention to detail was just fantastic. After my hair was cut he asked did i want my eye brows and ears done and i said why not, next thing i noticed was this flame on a stick, which he used to do my ear hair. When i was finally finished he asked me could he do anything else for me and i was thinking what else could he have possibly done for me. Enjoyed my 30mins of pampering and will deffo be paying another visit.

I went to the Turkish guy myself last week, and I'll definatly be going back next week.

Attention to detail was sickening, went in mid week, and I could tell her wanted to pass the time, so I was in the chair for about 40 minutes, I actually felt guilty when he asked me for €15, had to give him a tip just for the effort put in.

Highly recommended!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Sat waiting for fifteen minutes as he finished off someone's hair. But then he started to prep to shave him so I had to leave (was on the clock). Hopefully get back there another time.

Does anyone know where Ann Marie has gone from the Boston Barbers in the Shopping Centre. I often went in there in the middle of the week when it was quiet to have my hair cut. There is a fellow after taking over now there with a few weeks (In the middle of the week anyway), and while he is good at his job, he is a bit slow. Maybe its a case that he is just passing the time away, and likes to keep people for a little while. Ann Marie was very quick, ideal if you went in during lunch hour etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Black Suir wrote: »
    Does anyone know where Ann Marie has gone from the Boston Barbers in the Shopping Centre. I often went in there in the middle of the week when it was quiet to have my hair cut. There is a fellow after taking over now there with a few weeks (In the middle of the week anyway), and while he is good at his job, he is a bit slow. Maybe its a case that he is just passing the time away, and likes to keep people for a little while. Ann Marie was very quick, ideal if you went in during lunch hour etc.

She was working there today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

Anne Marie is only there Friday and Saturday now, two lads have taken over the shop.

Anne Marie is only there Friday and Saturday now, two lads have taken over the shop.

More's the pity. Was not there last Friday when I passed through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Ann Marie was quick because she can't cut hair properly. It shouldn't be that quick when done correctly. Right disaster she made of my hair one day. First and last time I went to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Turkish guy in dungarvan is sickly good, better than any of the top range hairdressers in Ireland. 15euro is a steal I have to always give him 20 for his attention to detail, effort and results

Turkish guy in dungarvan is sickly good, better than any of the top range hairdressers in Ireland. 15euro is a steal I have to always give him 20 for his attention to detail, effort and results

Must be great to have money to give away just like that. Any chance of sharing it with the other Boards.ie members.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Must be great to have money to give away just like that. Any chance of sharing it with the other Boards.ie members.

See nothing wrong with that post. Some barbers do a very very good job.

Going slightly off-topic (in terms of locality) but I remember going to a barber in Lanzarote before. Did an absolutely savage, top notch cut. Very like what was described here, the attention to detail was very good. Just higher quality than the standard run of the mill €10 or so barber cut you generally get anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭smokeyjoe123

Got mine cut in Boston Barbers by a woman one day. She was done in less than five minutes, made an absolute balls of my hair. Worst haircut ever. Must try the turkish place sometime.

Advertisement